Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shogokuma

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
New-Brunswick
on my imac 20'' (core 2 duo)

in device manager there is an unrecognize pci thing i wonder what it is everithng seems to be working

in windows xp pro sp2

drval

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2006
Nothing per se is wrong, it's just that Apple hasn't yet written the device drivers for some devices.

shogokuma

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
New-Brunswick
so if i was to update in windows update that would not really hel because apple has not updated? how does that work because its so confusing to try ans search for drivers in windows for the imac if you know what i mean.:confused:

CTSxViper

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2005
Hanover PA
so if i was to update in windows update that would not really hel because apple has not updated? how does that work because its so confusing to try ans search for drivers in windows for the imac if you know what i mean.:confused:

That is correct. Apple has not finished all the drivers. Windows update does nothing to correct the problem, as I have all the updates.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
IIRC, it is for the IR receiver for the Apple remote. Nothing to worry about.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
to TheBobcat - you should be able to "disable" the pci device in the device manager (control panel, system, hardware tab, device manager and then right click on pci device and select disable.

Windows update doesnt usually touch drivers, the only option that looks at missing devices is if you say yes to windows checking online when you install/update drivers. If you go update drivers instead of disable in device manager you should get the option to check online, it may be worth saying yes, doesnt always work but no harm in trying if you havent already

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.