DFP Monitor, ADC graphics card - why isn't it working?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GeeYouEye, Aug 13, 2006.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    I've got an ancient LCD with a DFP connector. After years of on and off searching, I finally found what purports to be a DVI-DM to DFP-F adapter (though the box was labeled SCSI... it's definitely not that though). In concert with a Belkin ADC-M to DVI-IF adapter I was planning to hook up said monitor (a Princeton DPP-560) to a Radeon 7500 in a QS G4. However, it doesn't work. I've eliminated everything I can think of - the monitor works fine when directly connected to a DFP port on an old ATi xClaim 3Dplus PCI card on a Sawtooth G4. The Radeon 7500 is working - it does VGA with no problem, and it worked hooking up a DVI monitor with just the Belkin adapter. I suppose it's possible that the DVI-DFP adapter is bad, but it's all one solid piece which appears undamaged.

Has anyone else had any experience doing anything like what I'm trying to do?
  2. sprocket macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2006
    although i am not using a mac i am encountering a similar problem with a gateway fpd1500 dfp monitor. So far i cannot get it to work with dfi even though it is a digital signal