DHL Disturbance

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rockandrule, Apr 15, 2006.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

So, as it works Apple Care uses DHL on a very regular basis. I have heard some wonderful stories (and some awful), but I can't get the fact that I hate DHL out of my mind. It might be minor, but I can't help but recognize the numerous times that their drivers have endangered the lives of people (including myself) due to their recklessness. I haven't ever seen a DHL driver abide the law 100% of the time when following one. It's not that I rarely see DHL and I'm complaining about 2 or 3 occurrences either. I live in Jacksonville, FL at the University of North Florida and every time I go out to go some place I see at least 4 DHL trucks (my girlfriend and I have reinvented the age-old game of "punch-buggy" with our version "punch-DHL" due to the fact that we see their trucks so often). I just wish that the delivering of packages wasn't at the cost of many people's safety. Maybe someday DHL will get some overhead that tells them that while getting packages to destinations in a timely manor is important, the safety of the people around them, themselves, and their packages are more valuable than the time. Well, that was my rant.

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

You have a point. But, I've seen enough FedEx, UPS, Dominos, USPS, Pizza Hut, Chinese Food Delivery Guys™, and anybody else with a time sensitive delivery schedule endanger themselves and others to do what they have to do. I guess as long as there isn't a rash of injuries throughout the sector, nothing will ever change...