Diablo 2 and Starcraft on Intel Macs

Discussion in 'Games' started by CANEHDN, Feb 13, 2006.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I've just ordered a new 20" iMac Dual Core with 2GB of RAM and the 256MB VRAM upgrade. I haven't been able to find anyone who has tried Diablo II and/or Starcraft on the new Intel machines and stated how the game ran. Has anyone tried any of these games yet? If so, how did the game run? Post your comp. specs if you've tried it. I've read on the WoW forums that Diablo 2 has some video issues they need to work out and Starcraft ran fine. That was from Blizzard though. I want to know what actual users are experiencing.

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I own both games but haven't tried them on my iMac Dual Core.

I got this thing about playing games stretched to a different aspect ration. It bothered the hell out of me when I played Diablo II on a 20" 16:10 display hooked to my old powerbook. Everything looks "fat". I've tried playing in windowed mode.

Looked better (although smaller) but I constantly dragged the mouse outside the game's window.

I would love to see a Universal Binary patch for those good old games but I can't portray myself playing them unless they make them support a wide-screen display.

Considering the age of those games, a Universal Binary patch from Blizzard would be nothing less than Heroic dedication. But who know, they still patch Starcraft from time to time.

I'll add those 2 titles to the Universal Binary Games Guide. Maybe somebody will fill us in about how well it runs under Rosetta.

3. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I agree. I don't see them upgrading to UB for these titles. It would be nice but I'm mainly interested in the performance of these games under Rosetta. Only 2 more weeks until I get my baby.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't have a Mactel yet, but i'd be willing to bet these games run fine under Rosetta.