Diablo 2 - best sellers?

Discussion in 'Games' started by itsumo, Jul 7, 2004.

1. itsumo macrumors member

It looks like the "Sierra Best Sellers" version of Diablo 2 contains both the PC and Mac version. Play.com don't sell Mac games, but they do have that version of the PC game. If it does contain both versions, then I can buy it, and if it doesn't, well, I've wasted my money.

Does anyone know if this is or isn't the case? It's not easy for me to get to the shops so I'd rather order it on-line, and Play don't charge postage.

2. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Many Blizzard titles, including Diablo II ship with both the Mac and PC versions in the same box. In fact, my boyfriend purchased Diablo II forever ago for his Windows box, and when I finally got my PB last november, I was able to install it. You will have to go to blizzard.com and get the Native OS X installer (instead of using the disk's installer) because the game is quite old and it was created to install on the classic OS.

It's a great game though. I highly recommend it!

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

only the first batch of discs of Diable 2 are for windows only, but that was ages ago so im sure that ordering it from where ever will be fine. Just about all blizzard games come with both versions on them....

BTW...are you getting the Battle Chest? or just the game? The battle chest is by far the better value. It comes with the original diablo, diablo 2, diablo 2 LOD (expansion pack), and i think the diablo 2 strategy guide (but im not 100%).

anyways, its a great game, and i still play it all the time

enjoy!!

4. jsulens macrumors member

i just looked, its does include the stategy guide.

5. itsumo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! I was thinking about just the game but maybe I'll look out for the battle chest instead. People on these forums sure are friendly!

6. Maxicek macrumors regular

Diablo 2 Bestsellers is PC/Mac on the same CD, I bought it a couple of months back for exactly that reason. I have a PC now and am switching back to Mac. If you enlarge the box pack on the play.com website, you can see it written in the lower left hand corner.

While you are at it, I would get the Lords of Destruction expansion set. It vastly improves the original game. In the UK they are 3 for £20. If you want to complete the deal, buy Starcraft, another classic from Blizzard.

Hope you enjoy it, its a great game.

7. KriC macrumors newbie

Diablo 2 - poor performance on 1GHz iBook

Anyone had performance problems running Diablo2 on iBooks?

I'm a new mac owner and bought this to test out my new iBook but it runs really really slowly - the game runs fairly fluidly for a few minutes then gets really slow and chuggy. All the movies stutter and are virtually unwatchable..

I got my iBook last monday so its a fresh install - I had to choose OpenGL to get it to run (it wouldn't under Rage). What am I doing wrong?? Any guesses?

Thanks
    KriC

8. Zeke macrumors 6502

Anyone know if the LoD expansionn pack is a PC/Mac disc? I found one on ebay for pretty cheap but they of course only list PC. Thanks for any input.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

10. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I have LoD and mine is a hybrid Cd. It works fine on my Pc and my Mac. you should be ok with gettin it. Be sure to Download the carbon install for Os X on Blizzard.com.

11. Rex macrumors newbie

I loved the original Diablo & bought II but it never ran well on my old iBook (clamshell 366mhz) when I got my new 1ghz iMac I was so looking forward to playing Diablo II on it but same problems slowed down stuttered etc so sadly I gave up, ... snifffff. sad rex :(

12. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Odd about the stuttering problems...

The only stuttering I get playing it on my eMac is when I've got alot of special effects on screen at once or ALOT of monsters/players on screen at once.

The rest is all network-related stuttering. It's almost like the game stops, then takes a few seconds to catch up, playing those few seconds that passed by REALLY fast.

13. KriC macrumors newbie

Sorted! - I found a patch for Diablo2 OSX on apple's site which seemed to fix everything.

KriC