diablo 2 disk error

Discussion in 'Games' started by cfern, Aug 20, 2006.

1. cfern macrumors newbie

When I try to install Diablo 2 (using the native installer) I run into a bit of a problem...

Mainly after putting in my cd key it prompts me to insert disk the Install CD. Unfortunately that cd is already in... I put it back in and it spits it back out (it is initially recognized on the desktop as INSTALL cd.

I tried all forms of install: normal, full, multiplayer... no luck with any of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions around this? I was thinking maybe one could find a full install of it on bittorrent and i would just have to use the cd key i already had...

I am coming from a pc user freshly to the mac and i know people say mac is 'virus proof' but i avoid torrent and programs like it like the plague because i associate past PC problems/viruses with it.

any suggestions would help - thanks

-c

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

3. cfern thread starter macrumors newbie

see, thing is i installed it again on my pc and there wasnt an issue... i dont really know what is going on there.

4. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

you can try to make a cd master disk image from application>disk utilities. Mount the image and try to install from that. If it fails then yea.....your disk is bad.

5. CyberPrey macrumors regular

It actually sounds like your Diablo II disk is a version 1.0 or 1.01 which is BEFORE blizzard included both PC and Mac on the same disk.

For the native installer to work properly, it requires that you have a cd that has the Mac version of the game on it.

6. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

i believe that in a previous post, someone mentioned this same problem and that blizzard offered to mail a replacement/update if you paid shipping. search the forums.

also, here is a link to blizzard's install questions page linky

good luck. i got back into D2 about 2 months ago. damn addicting game. :p