Diablo 2 hella slow

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheFish, Oct 1, 2003.

1. TheFish macrumors member

im running a 17" 800mhz iMac and i decided to install diablo 2 and the exp pack anyways its running pretty glitchy and slow on os9 and osX with the osx native patch. it ran faster on my old first generation imac so i figure somthings wrong with my newer imac, dose anyone know what the problem could be? oh yeah and the disk isnt scratched or anything.

for some reason when you hit the apple button and "m" to exit full screen the game runs really smoothe but when you put it back to full screen its really jerky and laggy. anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

well the only thing to help this is to run in 256 colors.... The problem is due to bad Open GL support (partly apples fault) if blizz ever releases 1.10 patch it does fix or at least help this issue. (only if your running an quartz extreme card ie agp radeon)

3. TheFish thread starter macrumors member

thanks, it goes a lot faster now, do you know if panther has better open gl support?

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I'm interested in this, too. I read that with Panther OpenGL support is much better, so perhaps Apple finally got rid of this bug?

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah all Blizzard Titles are slow as hell.

This shows why Starcraft: Broodwars uses a good 60-80% of my CPU when playing, when it is a game that is REALLY OLD!

:confused:

DII plays bad, SC plays bad... WCIII play's bad...

Apple...

6. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I certainly hope so!

7. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Okay, I am really tried of this, (you could have done a search for this topics, there are some identical) but I will explain it once more:

- The OpenGL performance is slow because of a bug in Diablo OS X and OS X.2
    - Diablo runs fine in software mode
    - so do all older Blizzard titles (cant imagine that SC would be slow!! It is not, here)
    - The OpenGL bug is fixed in Diablo II 1.10 beta
    - Diablo OS X 1.09 also runs without problems in OpenGL in OS X.3 (this has been confirmed)
    - My G4 933 beats an Athlon 2000+ at WC3 :)

Further questions?

8. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Diablo was far more smoother then ever when I played patch 1.10 beta. But that's what you get when you run it in classic on a g3 B&W 400.....:rolleyes:

9. TheFish thread starter macrumors member

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

sorry dont know how that happened but my son says warcraft3 looks better on my quicksilver 1.33 then it does on a 2.2 p4 and loads faster. he is into warcraft3.