Diablo 2 maphack

Discussion in 'Games' started by OSX Panther, Oct 28, 2004.

1. OSX Panther macrumors member

Does anyone know where i can find an maphack for diablo 2 that runs on an g4 with osx panther 10,3,5?

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Shame.

I play D2X exclusively in single player mode, but even I know that maphack is naughty, irritates Blizzard and other players, and is liable to get your CD key banned. So why would you want to use it?

3. JamSoft macrumors member

JamSoft

I play D2X exclusively in single player mode, but even I know that maphack is naughty, irritates Blizzard and other players, and is liable to get your CD key banned. So why would you want to use it?

maybe because it adds replay value to the game for some people. . . Ever heard of action replay, game genie, gameshark, modded consoles, etc. ? It's because people like to have fun playing 'god' in games and casually messing around.

I haven't played D2 in a while, but when you play online you're given two options. You can join blizzard's network which protects against hacks, or you can play on their unprotected servers. . . so if a player gets owned by someone who cheats, it's their own damn fault.

----------

on a different note here's some stuff that might help:

Diablo II Editor/Trainer

Diablo II Cheater

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Just like Pindlebot, dupes, and Hex charms, right?

Talk about ruining the experience for other players. As a D2X purist I was against all of this from the start. Thankfully there has NEVER been a MH available for Mac, NOR any Pindlebots or duping techniques. It's all on the Windows side.

Shame on you.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Nobody bothers to port hacks to the Mac for almost any game in the first place, so you won't find it. Secondly, Blizzard bans CD-keys for various games quite often when players hack or pirate. They ban thousands at a time and it makes the news pages of game sites quite often. Wanna be part of the statistic?

Feel free to hack and cheat in your single player games all you want, but nobody will tolerate you online.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Believe me, I HAVE heard of that stuff. Especially on SOCOM 2 when some 13 year old kid with a gameshark runs around invincible, "glitches" into walls, and then taunts everyone with incredibly witty sayings like "U just got PWNED n00b" or the ultimate "I'm Rick James B****!" Oh yes, great fun for all us non-cheaters, I can tell you.

Like others have said, hacks and cheats should be restricted to single player or LAN to avoid irritating people who don't want that stuff around.

7. Hackett macrumors newbie

Been part of Diablo since the very first Stress Test and I've seen cheaters coming and going. At the moment the Bnet and Diablo 2 is crowded with hacks and cheats AND Blizzard doesn't really care...

Why should they? The cheaters and hackers are the ones that keep the game alive - sad but true. I'd say at least 75% of all D2 gamers use some sort of hacks...like Maphack.

For me it's just really frustrating not being able to use a Maphack on a Mac.
    Maphacks can be deactivated and are very useful for Baalruns and therefore good for the gaming experience...

Maps should be revealed once a player successfully finishes an Act. The revealed map should ONLY display entries to new areas and borders etc...but NO monsters etc. obviously.

It is now Blizzards turn to do something and to allow maps to be revealed...so they can go on and concentrate chasing REAL cheaters like TPPKs or Bot Users etc...

But as I mentioned...the cheaters are the core of D2 nowadays...that's why Blizzard is steadily losing their once decent reputation among legit players.

8. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Actually, maphack for D2 really isn't all that dirty. It isn't like it gives an advantage over other people. Unless you are playing through the game for the first time, it is annoying to have to run around trying to find stuff.

I've never seen maphack for mac. Used it on PC for years and never was banned.