diablo 2 problems in 1.11

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jaku, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Jaku macrumors newbie

ok i dont know why but i have frequent problems like when i join in and out of games diablo 2 will freeze and the music will stop. and then i have to force quit. does anybody know why? im using the native installer and right now it just does that a lot and its really annoying. anybody know why or how to fix it?

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

We'll need a bit more info... Machine, OS, RAM etc.

I'm running D2 LoD (1.11) in 10.4.2 on a 17" PowerBook and I have no issues (other than an annoying habit of trying to take out 15 Abyss Knights at the same time...

3. Jaku thread starter macrumors newbie

im usin a powerbook g4 with 512 memory and 1.5 ghz cpu speed on OS X

also im thinkin about going to tiger, would that affect diablo 2 any?

4. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I don't get freezes, but ihave noticed that I do get massive, periodic slowdowns ever since I went from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9. According to Activity Monitor, D2 (v.1.11) is taking up 65% of my processor (1.6GhZ/768MB A rev. 17" iMac)

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I haven't noticed any problems under Tiger at all, although I do have 1Gb of RAM which may well be the problem.

I do get the odd slow-down, but nothing serious.

I think you need more RAM.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I used to play D2X on a 266MHz iMac without major issues, so I'm leaning towards it being a software problem. Maybe the new path loads Battle.net more than with 1.10, causing slowdowns and freezes?

What's the latest with the 1.11 patch? I stopped playing Diablo II right after v1.10 came out, I had been at it pretty faithfully before that ever since the game came out.

7. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

1.11 runs fine on my system, battlenet doesn't seem to have a problem with it at all.

It's tougher but the mercenaries keep pace much better level-wise.

8. sambo. macrumors regular

sambo.

danger danger...

when i update my 'puter system (Sept 21, in goes the order) i'll allow myself ONE game.

i lurve DII, great fun, but requires muchos time to find uber gear, so will prolly get WarIII TFT. at least each "game" is self contained.

WoW: NO WAY, i got work to do..... :eek:

9. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

[sort of a bump]

I'm having a rather major problem with LoD now too. I used to have problems launching it, I would click the dock icon, and for a while nothing would happen, then it would tell me to insert the cd even though it was already in. After a few force quits and retries it would usually work. Now after about 4 months of not playing and upgrading to Tiger it doesn't work at all. I have 1.11, have tried repairing permissions, restarted a few times, tried ejecting and inserting the disc at various points of starting the game, and nothing has worked. Every time I let it go it asks me to instert the cd yet I can't click cancel because its frozen. I am really at a loss at this point. Any ideas?

/edit Oh and I have tried after quitting F@H (somethign suggested on the Blizzard website) but it didnt work.

10. woxel1 macrumors member

I can't seem to join any net games though I can log into battle.net with no problem. This may just be a firewall issue, but it's still disheartening.