Diablo 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Azmodon, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Azmodon macrumors member

So I have Ver 1.0 of Diablo 2 back from way-back-when, and I'm looking to install it on my Powerbook. I downloaded the updated native installer from Blizzard, and the installer went great until I put the play disk in and it started copying the Music over.

Anyone else come across a similar problem? Said it couldn't read the music database or something. Oddly, I remember seeing "-36" before clicking out in anger.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I've got a full install of Diablo 2 and the LOD expansion running, in fact I've just applied the 1.11 patch, everything runs fine. The OSX installer ran flawlessly.

I'm on a 17" rev a PowerBook with 1Gb of RAM.

I'd give the disc a clean and try again.

3. sambo. macrumors regular

sambo.

man, i had D2/LOD running on my G3/333 PB with NO Problemo. (just hadda turn the eye-candy to MINIMUM....

but hey, it still runs..... :eek:

(six years of flawless service and counting on that PB. and "they" say Macs are expensive.....)

4. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Don't you need to run the OS X installer 1st?

5. Maxicek macrumors regular

You may want to consider making a disk image first, and installing from that. I have a disk image on my HD of Lord of Destruction so I don't need the CD to play.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

No, you can actually use the OS 9 installer, the OS X native installer is just prettier and simpler to use. ;)
    I agree, that's what I do. My iMac runs much much cooler this way.

7. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I'm hasving the same problem with my diablo 2 retail version. the 36 problem...how do i make a disc image?