Diablo 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Azmodon, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Azmodon macrumors member

Jul 3, 2005
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    So I have Ver 1.0 of Diablo 2 back from way-back-when, and I'm looking to install it on my Powerbook. I downloaded the updated native installer from Blizzard, and the installer went great until I put the play disk in and it started copying the Music over.

Anyone else come across a similar problem? Said it couldn't read the music database or something. Oddly, I remember seeing "-36" before clicking out in anger.
  2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    I've got a full install of Diablo 2 and the LOD expansion running, in fact I've just applied the 1.11 patch, everything runs fine. The OSX installer ran flawlessly.

I'm on a 17" rev a PowerBook with 1Gb of RAM.

I'd give the disc a clean and try again.
  3. sambo. macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2004
    outback, far from the surf
    man, i had D2/LOD running on my G3/333 PB with NO Problemo. (just hadda turn the eye-candy to MINIMUM....

but hey, it still runs..... :eek:

(six years of flawless service and counting on that PB. and "they" say Macs are expensive.....)
  4. combatcolin macrumors 68020

Oct 24, 2004
    Northants, UK
    Don't you need to run the OS X installer 1st?
  5. Maxicek macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2004
    You may want to consider making a disk image first, and installing from that. I have a disk image on my HD of Lord of Destruction so I don't need the CD to play.
  6. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    No, you can actually use the OS 9 installer, the OS X native installer is just prettier and simpler to use. ;)
    I agree, that's what I do. My iMac runs much much cooler this way.
  7. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    I'm hasving the same problem with my diablo 2 retail version. the 36 problem...how do i make a disc image?