Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mistashizzle, May 24, 2007.

1. macrumors member

May 24, 2007
    Are there special install CDs for Diablo 2, the CDs I have now say mac, but I do not see where to install.
  2. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    there is an OS X installer that you can download from Blizzard's site, let me see if i can find it...

edit: here.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

May 24, 2007
  4. thread starter macrumors member

May 24, 2007
    Ok, I got it installed, but when I get it running the picture is completely screwed up.
  5. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    when you launch it, there should be an option for Open GL and Software rendering, choose software.
  6. thread starter macrumors member

May 24, 2007
    Awesome, got that to work.

Now I'm unable to connect to Battle.net though, any ideas?
  7. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    now that i don't know about. i haven't used Battle.net since the game came out.
    sorry. hopefully someone else might have an idea though.
  8. thread starter macrumors member

May 24, 2007
    I take that back, it is just US-East that I can't connect to. Is the server down or might it be my location (US-East [PA])
  9. macrumors member

Nov 29, 2005
    After two years Diablo II has lured me back! I just reinstalled D2 and LOD using the OSX/Carbon Installer this weekend.

I also decided to try Battle.net for the first time! I conSadly, when I try to connect to USEast it doesn't connect. I have no firewall and no router. Also when I look at the list of servers I only see USEast... does anyone know what the problem may be and how I can connect?

10. macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

May 30, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Is there anyway to make Diablo II to work with Intel macs?
  11. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    it works fine
  12. macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    As long as you don't try to use hardware rendering in full-screen mode.

13. macrumors member

Nov 29, 2005
    ^ Anyone?
  14. macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    Diablo 2 .

when i put in the disk "CD 1 'INSTALL DISK" and click the icon that pops up on the Desktop, i click "Diablo 2 Installer" it says "You cannot open the program "Diablo 2 Installer" because 'Classic' no longer exists"

What do i do ? -.-

15. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    you need the OS X installer, it should still be linked in post #2. ;)
  16. macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2003
    Irvine CA
    This was true for a long time, but has been resolved in Patch 1.12 which shipped a few weeks ago. OpenGL mode runs correctly on Intel Macs once again.
  17. macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2008
    OpenGL has never worked on an intel Mac before. This is the first time it is running correctly.

18. macrumors 6502

Aug 13, 2005
    Still won't work with nVidia cards on 10.5.3/10.5.4
  19. macrumors regular

Jan 19, 2006
    It works if you replace the new drivers with the old ones.
  20. macrumors 68000

Jan 10, 2008
    D2 works great in OpenGL with millions of colors on my aluminum INtel Imac OS/X 10.5.4.
  21. macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2008
    Won't work on my 2.2GHz MBP

I have a 2.2GHz Intel MacBook Pro with 2GB ram running 10.5.4
    I installed Diablo 2 and expansion using the os x installer, and it completed installation. i then proceeded to install the 1.12 patch for D2, it installed and, i opened D2 and it "quits unexpectedly" as soon as it opens. I read something about openGL that makes it work, but i don't know what it is or how i use it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks :)
  22. macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2008
    I can't get my Macbook Pro to display the screen without distorting it badly. Is there anyway to letterbox and scale so I can enjoy the game at its intended aspect ratio?
  23. macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2008
    I'm having the same problem w/ my 2.4 GHz MacBook, but I haven't installed the patch yet. Blast it all. I really wish I had a copy of Windows XP right now so I could just use boot camp.
  24. macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2004
    New Jersey
    This seems like an appropriate thread for my post. i have been watching the development of diablo 3 and it looks fantastic. i am not so much a gamer as I used to be ... family and work get in the way, so I have to be very selective of my gaming time. Blizzard has never let me down and will probably only buy their games going forward. i am going to buy Starcraft 2 for sure when it comes out. I occasionally play civ 4, but have stayed away from WoW in order to save my marriage :).

So, should I buy Diablo 2 for Mac and run through it in anticipation of Diablo 3? How does it run under 10.4 on a Al imac?
  25. macrumors member

Mar 31, 2008
    How did you get it to work? I've been getting the "quit unexpectedly" error that many people are getting. I have the new Aluminum 24" iMac with Leopard 10.5.4. Did you have to do anything special? I'd rather not mess around with rolling back my video drivers. Even when I try to hold down the option key while launching the game to select open GL, the game still quits unexpectedly a second after I click on it.