Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidskp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Denmark
Im having a returning problem with low fps (~13) in D3 on my retina macbook pro. After searching around I found that resetting the SMC could solve the problem, and it did...for a while at least. But after some time the problem is back and I have to reset the SMC again to solve it.

I think it is triggered when i open D3 after the mbp has been in sleep mode. If I refrain from sleeping the mbp the problem doesn't seem to return.

Anyone having the same issues and/or knows how to fix it?

glyph42

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
There was a similar thread where somebody was asking about slowdown in Skyrim FPS. The solution that worked in that case was resetting the PRAM in addition to the SMC. I'll quote the original solution written by Moriarty:

Try resetting your PRAM (turn computer off, then on again holding cmd+option+P+R until you hear second chime) and SMC (turn off, connect power adapter, then press left control + left option + left shift + power button, all at once, for about a second. Turn on again).

Worked for me when I had framerate issues in every game I had. If the issue is only with Skyrim and other games perform as they should then it's probably something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.