Diablo II 1.10 FINAL VERSION!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by stoid, Oct 28, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

For those of us waiting many months, this is great news. You have to log onto battle.net to download the patch, but....

YAY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I'm gonna DL it now, lets hope my stuff does not disappear!

3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

4. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

I am really happy about it!
    Happy friggin Halloween, people :D

The highest rank on the ladder is 20 currently :D

5. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Argh!
    Has anyone else problems with Panther and 1.10 ? My character is always running downwards, and there are no signs or infos when mousing over any items or skills. Nothing.
    Will try 10.2.8 now...

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Whats the cool thing at the end everyone beens talking about? I like the new chat room, NO MORE BOTS!

7. Duffin macrumors newbie

Cant even launch

The patch said it was sucessfully updated but now it wont launch, just keeps crashing Diablo over and over.

8. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: Cant even launch

Ahm, you are on 10.2.8, yes? Maybe you play around with the OpenGL/Software rendering settings, it could fix this. There should be an update soon, I had that problem, too...

My strange bug went away, by the way. I don´t know what happened...

9. rbarris macrumors 6502

Re: Cant even launch

If you are on 10.3, this is a bug we discovered today. With D2 v1.10, full screen software mode crashes on 10.3. We have a fix in testing and may have a patch re-released tomorrow.

Workarounds include: playing under a pre 10.3 OS, or playing in a window, or enabling GL mode for full screen.

Hold down option as the program launches to switch from software fullscreen mode to GL fullscreen mode. Once at the main menu you can either go ahead and play in Gl fullscreen, or hit Cmd-M to get into windowed mode (implicitly software rendered).

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to have the revision out very soon.

10. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Cool a blizz employee on our site, any news of starcaft 2?? LOL I know you won't answer that.

11. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Sweet! If i didn't have two exams and a paper due tomorrow I'd be playing now...oh well, back to work.

12. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

yes!!!:D :D :D :D i heard that hell cows is wayy harder.. havent tried this out cuz whenever i join a cow game no one wants to go into the portal.. lol .. and im only lvl 70 something and the level 86 people are even afraid haha

perhaps we should try playing together sometimes? im on USEast and I play regular

13. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: Re: Cant even launch

Thanks for the quick reply! There are still some annoyances - like item-generated skeletons (Necro LVL1) die at Level-Up, and the revived monsters STILL "get lost" while running some distance.

It is really bad if you have 15 monsters behind you and you can´t follow your teammates because you have to wait for the pets, or they will just disappear (15 revs --> running 4 screens or some more---> 6 revs and so on)
    This is especially negative now with the 2 screens Exp limit.

14. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

Installing Diablo in OSX

OK I have Diablo II and the expansion pack (purchased when I had a PC).

I have MacOS X 10.3 - Panther and I was wondering is there a way of installing the software on my Powerbook without Classic being launched?

Oh and I see that there are some issues, but all I want to know is about is the install at the moment.

Thanks!

15. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Some creatures where in the beta version 1.10 so much harder to defeat (sometimes even impossible or you had to ram into a normal creature for about 5 minutes). Does the new patch also got these terrible creatures in it??? It wasn't fun anymore to play diablo

16. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

I downloaded it last night and was amazed at the difference it made on my iMac. Very impressive. On the single player (I am new to DIablo 2 and wanted to learn the game before trying Battlenet) the monsters are a lot tougher to kill. I am glad that I made it all the way to the Chaos Sanctuary BEFORE the patch or I would never had gotten this far. Like the synergy info on the skill tree.
    Good patch.

17. rbarris macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Cant even launch

v1.10b (Mac) has now been released as a battle.net patch to address this issue.

18. Duffin macrumors newbie

Where?

I cant seem to find 1.10b anywhere, i redownloaded off blizzard and it was 1.10a still, i cant get it via battlenet since i cant launch the game (even with the workarounds) Help!

19. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: Where?

Try to launch Diablo II in OS X.2 and start it with software rendering. It has to work... or else, your installation could be faulty.

20. Duffin macrumors newbie

Not happening

Im not gonna downgrade to OS 10.2 to install a file, it would make more sense to reinstall 1.09 but there must be a file somewhere. Is it only available by connecting to battlenet or is it up somewhere? Could anyone duplicate the necessary files and send them to me?

21. rbarris macrumors 6502

Re: Not happening

If you can wait a day (probably less) we will have the correct 1.10b standalone patcher on the web site for download.

22. Duffin macrumors newbie

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

23. rbarris macrumors 6502

Re: Cheers

Standalone 1.10b patchers should be available this evening.

24. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Sweet RBarris posts here! Your my idol!!

with that said

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work!!