Diablo II early versions

Discussion in 'Games' started by jtgotsjets, Jul 1, 2004.

1. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

I have a version 1.0 copy of Diablo II, which means that I don't have a hybrid disk. Is there any way to change the windows files to Mac files or have the Mac install from the windows CD?

If not, can I just install from a friend's newer CD with my own CD-key or is the CD-key tied to the CD?

2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yes My friend....

There are 3 solutions to your problem 2 are legal 1 is not. THe legal way would be to contact blizzards customer support and explain to them you have a mac but only a pc disk and you would have to then mail them your copy for exchange to the hybrid disk. This may take about a week.

Another way a little bird told me is you could take your game back to walmart and tell them that your cd is scratched and you just want to exchange it for the same thing. You wont be able to get money in return but you could get the newer game. They will also ask for your driver liescence. THis is all on a little birds word. He says it will work.

Your only other option is to just break down and buy the battle chest for $40 , it is a great deal you get both games and the first diablo along with an updated strategy guide. Each game seperate is $19.99 so just get the chest , you get more for your money.

3. jtgotsjets thread starter macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

well the battle chest is no good, because i already have diablo 1 and 2 and LoD. it seems as though i'd be paying 40 dollars for the strat guide, and for that, all i need is gamefaqs.

the walmart thing i also don't think will work because i don't have a box or anything anymore.

i had no idea blizzard was that nice with their customer service though, i think i'll go ahead and try that.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I think they charge you like 10 dollars or something for CD replacements (at least that's what they do when your SN gets hijacked on battle.net), but that's mainly to cover shipping.

Blizzard's a gem of a company.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

blizzard customer service is great, i would say that you could install from your friends disk because you already have your cd-key, if you were using his i would say that is a no-no, but because you have your own and already bought the game ect, i would go ahead and see if your keys will work, otherwise contact Blizzard and they should help you out no problem

6. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I have found Blizzard to always be helpful. In a similar situation, they told me they would send out the new disks, and would charge me $10.00 and they never did. I got the disks 3 days late r(I live in CA and they shipped from CA). Very easy and fast.