Diablo II, need help

Discussion in 'Games' started by ukrainian boy, Feb 17, 2006.

1. ukrainian boy macrumors newbie

Is it possible to run Diablo II twice on the same Mac? And if possible how can I do this?

Sorry for bad english...

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Is it possible to have two instances of it open at once? No, it's not. At least not through normal means. Why do you need two open at once anyway?

Swapping items between accounts? All you have to do is make a room with a password and leave it open for 10 minutes, then you have about 1 minute or so to switch accounts and go back into the room and pick the item up. It's always worked for me except for one time that my internet crapped out in between. Lost a.. stone armor I believe it was and a grandfather. sucked big time.

Then again... that game sucks :\.

3. ukrainian boy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I want to swap items between accounts. I know that there are many programms for PC version of game that do this and much more. Is there are such programms for Mac?

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I do it using two Macs on my home network. I host a TCP/IP game with one machine and join with the other so I can trade items between mules.

5. hungry lizard macrumors newbie

Re - Diablo II, need help

Hi,

It is possible to swap items between Diablo II characters, on a single Mac, without installing any programs.

I'm assuming you're on OS X. This works on Tiger just fine, haven't tried on Panther.

Firstly, create a 2nd user account on the Mac, and enable fast user switching. (from System Preferences, Accounts). While you're there, get your IP address from the Network section.

Launch the game. Host a "other multiplayer" TCP/IP game with one of your characters. Swap to window mode (i.e. command+M). Now, use Fast User Switching and switch to the other Mac user. The desktop will spin to the right, and you get a blank desktop. Launch the game, go to "other multiplayer", join TCP/ip game. Enter your IP address. You can now join the game hosted by your first D2 character, and drop items on the ground etc.

Enjoy.