Diablo1

Discussion in 'Games' started by Speedracer04, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Anyone ever play this game? I found it yesterday and decided to install it for ***** and giggles because its a classic. However when I popped in the CD it wouldnt let me open the installer because "it was not supported" Im guessing this is because it wasnt made for the intel chip...any other ideas? :(

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

It was a fun game when it came out, but Diablo II is a much better game. Everyone should try to defeat the game with each of the three character types though once in their life.

That game is so old that I doubt it would install correctly on current OS whether OS X or Windows. At least on the Windows versions of games of that vintage the install routine that checks for RAM and the DirectX version will actually refuse to continue because it can't properly detect the RAM or presence of DirectX.

If you really want to install and play it, I'd suggest just putting it on an older computer. You'll tire of it quickly anyway.

3. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I know, lol Ill probably get bored with it after a half hour....but I just went and installed it on my windows machine. Ive contimplated putting XP on my blackbook but I dont have enough apps that are windows only to justify cutting like 15GB off my HD.

4. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Well worth playing.

Pain to get running though, but should work on Windows.