Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubina

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
...some kind of network failure.

This morning, I saw a new icon in system tray at the bottom of the screen: "Diagnostic and Usage Messages". I opened it to find a lot of unfamiliar, disconcerting messages since 23 December. As I recall, my kid complained that he had no internet signal, and sure enough, he didn't. But he did not say why and I did not ask. I shut down the machine and rebooted and somehow, for some reason, the signal came back. I went about my business and didn't give it a second thought.

Here's a message line from the "Diagnostic and Usage Messages" box.

12/23/14 6:32:51.420 PM airportd[29]: SCPreferences(com.apple.framework.CoreWLAN:com.apple.airport.preferences.plist) lock delayed for 6.549 seconds
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.SCPreferencesLock
com.apple.message.signature: com.apple.framework.CoreWLAN
com.apple.message.signature2: com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
com.apple.message.value: 6.549
SenderMachUUID: 880D9443-CCBA-3856-BBBB-00D6D1360F8F

Here's the most recent message:

12/31/14 10:36:18.570 AM loginwindow[65]: com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.BezelServices.IdleTimer
com.apple.message.result: pass
SenderMachUUID: C6C1FCD6-5FBA-3B2D-9322-367F697EDAAA

Should I be concerned? If so, what might be causing the messages, and what to do?

I am running OS X Yosemite v 10.10 if that matters.

Last edited:

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
...some kind of network failure.

This morning, I saw a new icon in system tray at the bottom of the screen: "Diagnostic and Usage Messages". I opened it to find a lot of unfamiliar, disconcerting messages since 23 December. As I recall, my kid complained that he had no internet signal, and sure enough, he didn't. But he did not say why and I did not ask. I shut down the machine and rebooted and somehow, for some reason, the signal came back. I went about my business and didn't give it a second thought.

Here's a message line from the "Diagnostic and Usage Messages" box.

12/23/14 6:32:51.420 PM airportd[29]: SCPreferences(com.apple.framework.CoreWLAN:com.apple.airport.preferences.plist) lock delayed for 6.549 seconds
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.SCPreferencesLock
com.apple.message.signature: com.apple.framework.CoreWLAN
com.apple.message.signature2: com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
com.apple.message.value: 6.549
SenderMachUUID: 880D9443-CCBA-3856-BBBB-00D6D1360F8F

Here's the most recent message:

12/31/14 10:36:18.570 AM loginwindow[65]: com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.BezelServices.IdleTimer
com.apple.message.result: pass
SenderMachUUID: C6C1FCD6-5FBA-3B2D-9322-367F697EDAAA

Should I be concerned? If so, what might be causing the messages, and what to do?

I am running OS X Yosemite v 10.10 if that matters.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The console log is typically quite large for everybody and is nothing to concern yourself with. Your airport crashed for whatever reason, and a restart seems to have fixed it.

dubina

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
@ benthewraith

Thanks for that. I had not seen the "Diagnostic and Usage Messages" box before.

Problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.