Dial rules in mac os 10.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leonardoEuler, Oct 14, 2004.

1. leonardoEuler macrumors newbie

Hi to everyone, i know this is a stupid question, but i really can't find an answer, so please help on this one.
    Soon i will be on travel with my Pismo PowerBook loaded with Mac OS X 10.2.8, i will need to contact through prepaid phone cards, but i really don't knw how to set up them. I google it, search the Apple Care database and even a couple of sites, but i have nothing. I know, some of you will be feel i am stealing his or her time, but i just don't know where else to search.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Ariel

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not at my iBook atm, but usually what you do is you put the calling card number in as a "prefix" -- there should be a blank for what you want dialed before you dial the number. You enter the calling card 800 or 888 number plus the code etc -- everything you'd dial before you get to dialing the actual target phone number.

At least this is the way I've done it in the past.

It may take some trials -- I'd suggest turning on modem speaker echo (I think you can do this on Macs?) And you may need to enter a pause character of some kind, usually the letter 'p' or 'w'. But then it should dial the calling card first, and then dial your number.