Dialup Internet Service - Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kpeterk, Apr 16, 2004.

1. kpeterk macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good inexpensive national dialup ISP. I would prefer one that offers some kind of compression software so webpages seem to load faster than 56k. Who do you guys use? Thanks in advance.

2. MacRAND macrumors 6502a

MacRAND

Earthlink high-speed

Earthlink high-speed for $15 (I think) is very Mac friendly. You can pick up one of their disks free at Fry's electronics, and they usually have a "representative" (often cute and intelligent young ladies) that can tell you what is what.

I know people that are on cable at home, so when they go on vacation with their laptop they sign up for the free 30-days just to get their nationwide service (phone access) free. From your standpoint, try it for 30-days to see if you like it. Yeah, and if you are traveling, download all the phone numbers and area codes fro the places you will visit ahead of time and put them in your Address Book, you'll be glad you did.

NetZero high-speed is cheap but I don't know what the Mac experience is like.

Avoid AOL - it overwhelms and takes over your system. Plus, it's like a babysitter.