Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I just got myself a Daul 2.7 G5 and it doesn't have a 56k modem inside of her. I know some of you are already laughing, but hey, I live in the middle of nowhere, I'm stuck with dialup for at least another 6 months. So what are my options for getting a new one? I saw there is an external one at the apple store for $49. I'd love to keep the clutter to a minimum, so any ideas on internal ones and if it's gonna be hard to put in myself? I know the one I got for my G4 was super easy...

thanks!

dustin

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
check out this page: http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/powermacg5/topic2212.html

apparently the internal modem was a bto option and apparently yours didn't have it. according to the article, however, you can find 'em on ebay

edit: if you can afford it you might look into satellite broadband. it's a bit more expensive than cable or dsl iirc, but i have a friend who lives in the middle of nowhere and uses satellite and is pretty satisfied--he can even game on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.