Diana crash investigation ordered

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Jan 6, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

conspiracy my arse... the guy was driving the car far too fast and lost control... had Diana and Dodi being wearing their seatbelts they would have survived...

rinky dink link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3371053.stm

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Diana crash investigation ordered

...EVERYTHING is a conspiracy...you're next :eek:

Apparently the Mirror printed the name of the person which Diana had said in a letter was planning to kill her? Previously this name was not released.

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Re: Re: Diana crash investigation ordered

Yeah it's Charley boy isn't it... :eek: :eek:

There may have been a plot to slot her, that's possible, but the crash in Paris wasn't the result of a plot or conspiracy, it was just a accident caused by a driver that had had a couple of drinks (quite a few if you believe the French Investigation) in a very swift, but large and heavy car, in circumstances where the driver took unnecessary risks and lost control.... if Diana had been wearing a seat belt, she'd still be around today.

Either way, do people honestly believe that this investigation will actually uncover anything juicy?? :eek: ;) I think not, the ramifications are too great, on either side of the Channel.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lawyers again will be happy, they will get to push paperwork and more paperwork and joe taxpayer will get the bill. like everyone has said drinking and driving dont mix and if you are not wearing your seatbelt then you are a rock.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I watched a show on PrimeTime Thursday back in November investigating the death of Princess Diana. The investigation was done by Particia Cornwell a famous writer. She wrote the book on Jack the Ripper and found DNA evidence that it was a painter named Walter Sigert. With the case of Princess Diana she came up with more questions than answers. She did believe that the accident calls for a full fledged investigation. There seemed to be evidence of tampering with the car among other items. She also question the amount of alcohol with Ron Paul.

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

When Brits die abroad there must be an enqiry/investigation/inquest. This didn't happen with Diana, which was odd considering who she was.

7. AlanAudio macrumors member

Conspiracy theories are always attractive to so some.

It's much more comforting to think that a rich and influential young woman dies as a result of an elaborate conspiracy, than to accept that she was killed in a speeding car, with a drunk driver and no seatbelts - just like so many others.

If somebody wanted to kill her ( or them ), they would have done much better to do something a few days before, when the two of them were holidaying on a yacht. Boats blow up or sink and are relatively exposed and isolated.

To stage a fake accident in the middle of a big city, in a foreign country, with loads of the world's press in hot pursuit would be total madness and simply couldn't have any reasonable expectation to succeed. There would be far too many unpredictable variables.