Dick Cheney says Vote Kerry:Get Attacked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by katchow, Sep 8, 2004.

1. katchow macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2002
    Dayton, Ohio
  2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    The rapid retreat from these remarks would be comical if the smear tactic wasn't so effective.

I wonder how many conservatives would be incensed if someone like say TK had opined that a vote for Bush was a vote for getting attacked again...
  3. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
  4. ocellnuri macrumors regular

Aug 20, 2004
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    ... and I didn't think I could get even more pissed off. :mad:
  5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Well, it's already having a negative backlash. Watch them quickly retreat from this position tomorrow.
  6. amin macrumors 6502a

Aug 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Whether this strategy has a negative backlash amongst educated people (including the media) or not, it is an effective strategy. I do agree that it is despicable.
  7. AhmedFaisal Guest

Ahmed says: Vote Bush and September 11 will look like sissy poo

Lets face it, the man and his cronies have the unique ability to piss everyone else off, and do so royally. Now its everyones choice what he wants to vote for but I don't think its going to be a good idea to vote for someone that will cause more and more people to openly and underhandedly support people like Osama bin Laden just because they think the arrogant ******** in Washington and his country need a slap in the face. Why? Because lets face it, the US is big, its easy to get **** in, hide it and then let it blow up when no one suspects it, security or not. And if its a nuke, it doesn't even have to be close to anything important. Looking at where the middle east is going and where Iraq is going as well as Afghanistan, I'd say Bush has made the US less secure because even more people hate the US now and are willing to support folks that will severely punish the US.
    My 2 cents,

8. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004
    You are spot-on Ahmed, Bush and the present US government is seen worldwide as a blight on humanity.

9. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    Don't let the Dub catch wind of this. All those countries will be labled as "terrist nations", and of course, it will be necessary for a massive preemptive invasion.
  10. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop

This was a classic example of something that was uncalled for. I'm tired of the 'holyer than thou' 'were better than you' 'can't get into our little club' attitude of this administration. And dammit! Every now and then these guys seem to have a moment of insight! But then trample any good with bone-headed remarks like this.