Dick Cheney sits stunned

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 19, 2014.

1. macrumors regular

jkcerda

LOVED IT.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...him-history-has-proven-that-you-got-it-wrong/

2. macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

"Obama has made it very clear his desire its weaken the nation" says Cheneys daughter. I don't remember him ever saying that in a speech or news conference. This interview is a joke, I don't think Cheney was stunned at all. He thinks he made no mistakes and takes no credit for failures in Iraq.

3. macrumors 6502

How rich.

Yeah, I guess Dick ought to know. The last time someone in such a lofty office was more wrong was during his time spent darkening the doorways of power.

It would be difficult to find anyone who was MORE wrong than Cheney with regard to EVERYTHING.

4. macrumors 68030

bradl

Agreed. Kelly called it right, and all of the blathering in the world couldn't get Cheney out of it.

I think the chorus to No Leaf Clover says it best:

Dear in the headlights, indeed.

BL.

5. Shrink, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

macrumors demi-god

Shrink

I didn't know that you had such warm feelings for Cheney!;)

:p

6. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Even worse is they set up a new website to raise money off of their bull ****.

7. macrumors 603

thekev

I don't recall if his 1994 interview has been mentioned. I couldn't find the full thing unedited, but it's more than just a sound bite.

8. macrumors 6502

Dick Cheney, Geo. W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Judith Miller, Paul Wolfowitz, Ari Fleischer, Wm Kristol, Karen Hughes, Sean Hannity, Dana Perino, Rush Limbaugh, Paul Bremer, and probably several more whose names escape me . . . . . .

All of 'em, give em all an all-expense paid plane ride to the middle east, a fly-over tour of Iraq, then load all of them up with combat backpacks, and at 12,000' AGL, push em all out of the plane, smack dab over Tikrit, no parachute.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

Add Obama /Biden & congress since 2000:)

10. FreemanW, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

macrumors 6502

While they share culpability, NO ONE pounded the drums of war with the gusto and pedantry like those I singled out, and a few others I couldn't be bothered scraping from my memory.

Care needs to be exercised with regard to false equivalency and all that.

11. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

Disagree. They are just as guilty for continuing it along with the patriot act extension , signing the NDAA& letting the NSA stay working

12. macrumors 6502

Well if they're all equally culpable, then they should all rot in prison, or be sentenced to death.

But I think you would be hard pressed to make a case that everyone in the Senate and the House were feeding lies and false stories to Judith Miller week in and week out, going on FUX NEWS and the other media outlets and knowingly making false claims with regard to weapons of mass destruction, and feeding all of this fabricated and false foundation for war to the Congress under the political ultimatum "You're either with us or against us".

You are entitled to your opinion, just not your own facts.

13. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

they supported the actions, look guilty enough to me. not just on war, but on the Patriot Act, the NDAA and the NSA.

14. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Agreed. The failure to analyze the Bush administration's claims was an abject failure of the part of Congress, but the fact that the PATRIOT Act has been reauthorized three times means they can no longer act as if they were conned into the deal—they've become willing partners.

15. macrumors 601

Technarchy

I'm far from an Obama fan, but I was absolutely certain he would not renew the PATRIOT Act and take on the issue of healthcare.

I was correct on one part.

The PATRIOT Act is a disgrace and the biggest erosion to privacy and civil rights this nation has ever seen.

Here is the biggest irony:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-act-abuses-president-obama-proved-him-right/

Talk about an outright MASSIVE flipflop.

16. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

I expected the man to do what he said, end the wars, close GITMO, instead the man continued the wars, started firing missiles into Libya and was looking at Syria where he supplied weapons to the enemy.
    EXACTLY.

17. macrumors 68030

bradl

In all fairness, he tried to close Guantanamo Bay. The Reds in Congress wouldn't allow it.

BL.

18. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Cheney does not "sit stunned" here is the whole thing, watch it for yourself, she gives him all kinds of room to yammer on with his BS, and even asks if the president "can be stopped."

You thread title is a trouser-load.

19. thread starter macrumors regular

jkcerda

Title is based on link.

20. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Whatever. It is inaccurate. You watch the whole thing, you will see Megyn Kelly let the Cheneys barf all over the screen – at one point, I think she even addresses him as "Mr. President" (which is what much of the left wing called him for at least seven years).

The whole "Reagan Kelly attacks Cheney on Fox" was little more than an attention-getting feint to get more people to chow down on Cheney's chunks.

21. macrumors 65816

WOW! JUST WOW! I am shocked!

This guy deserves some jail time. No, he deservers a lot of jail time.

22. macrumors 68000

VulchR

I think we blame politicians rather than ourselves far too much. We elected them. We are responsible. IMO it's just a little too easy to elect somebody and then stand back and criticise. What have we done since Iraq that prevents this from happening again? The answer is not much, and the politicians won't do squat unless we pressure them.

23. macrumors 601

Technarchy

The DNC had the House, senate and White House and it didn't get done.

The GOP shouldn't even be a factor

24. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What, in the two months the Democrats had a supermajority?

25. macrumors G3

Huntn

I have issues with the hypocritical conservative view that all our problems appeared with the Obama Administration and that The GOP is the party than can fix them for everyone. So far from reality. :(

[​IMG]
    The GOP