Dick "Crashcart™" Cheney Back in Hospital Briefly

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iGary, Jan 9, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney was hospitalized for several hours early Monday at George Washington University Hospital after suffering shortness of breath, the White House said.

The vice president left the hospital after about four hours, aides said.

The problem is believed to be associated with medicine that Cheney is taking for a foot problem.

"His doctors found that his EKG [electrocardiogram] was unchanged and determined that he was retaining fluid as a result of anti-inflammatory medication he has been taking for a foot problem," a statement from Cheney's office said.

"They have placed him on a diuretic."

Linkaroo

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah right, his bile-spewing chamber was empty and needed to be refilled for a new round of smearing opponents!

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

okay, i'm curious -- what kind of medication does one take for a "foot problem"? is he diabetic?

and gary -- you forgot your link.

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I used to be able to push the link button, it would prompt you for text, and then the link - it doesn't do that anymore.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ah, yes, that's been broken for a while now. i just type the bbc code manually (after visiting the atm machine, of course, on my way to take the sat test :)

PHP:
    [url=http://www.foo.com/]link[/url]

8. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

de nada

i see that, according to the article, cheney has a "recurring osteoarthritis problem".

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I usually type the text first, then highlight it and press the link button. Then paste the link in. But that's just me.

You know, I was going to say that the title of this thread is kinda harsh. Even if it is Cheney. But he is in the hospital a lot. And if I said anything, I wouldn't be able to make a joke about God's wrath and Pat Robertson. Plus you're a Republican, so apparently it's ok for you to make fun of your own. I do wonder what would happen if Cheney kicked the bucket. VP Condi? Naw, someone used to tell a joke about not having an African American VP, because of how many people who would want the President dead (not that they don't already) just to have a black Pres. And a woman at that. That would be funny though. Not the assasination part (well), but the freaking out whitey. Plus I'm sure it will be all the liberals fault for giving Cheney a heart attack or whatever, even though we all know it'd be the hooker.

Oh, went off on a tangent there. Ah, well, um... hope he gets better? My, uh... prayers will be with him? Yeah, m'kay.

11. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I'm an Independent - I finally had enough. :p

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Welcome! You get to bash both sides now, and you don't have to defend the idiocy of anybody. Much more fun.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I hope it's terminal.

Or at least painful.