Dick strikes again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Oct 31, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

this is the one who said:
    1. "i believe we will be greeted as liberators"
    2. "i believe the insurgent is in last throe"

and simple check of fact, everytime terrorist made noise, GOP got benefit, remember Bin Laden's msg right b4 2004 election to help Bush?

its clear to me that, terrorist always try to scare people to vote GOP so American troops can stay in iraq, wasted, so ian, NK has time to develop nuke and Al-Queada can recruit more fighter, so to an extend, Dick is right, its just that he got their real intention wrong. pity so many brainless people out there read this so shallow.

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Link

Vote Republican and vote often. :(

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Damn, I was thinking he'd shot someone again.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

haha, thats what I thought too.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I saw this yesterday, how do you loose thousands of weapons, then only to have 3% of the serial numbers for all those weapons??? No one is accountable? Lets face it we have a corrupt system arming a corrupt country and its all being paid for by you & me. Meanwhile we get talking points,spin, from the vice president of the U.S. old draft dodger Cheney. We need to Cut n Run. There is no point wasting our money & people in Iraq.

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

And me!

Can he be serious though? (Yes, I know he say's these things with his 'politician head' on, but seriously?)

Can anybody honestly think that a civil war is being fought to influence an election that's happening thousands of miles away in the USA?

7. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

I really doubt it, since 95% of the killing is between shiite and sunni, american election has nothing to do with them.

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Exactly! Mmfffttt (is that how you spell the sound that sucking your teeth makes?)

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Of course. The USA is the center of the world after all.

Hang on...What?! It's not!

Really! But, then that means that not everyone agrees with us.

They don't! When did that happen?

Uh oh.

10. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I've said this in another thread but it fits here as well (and both are in the political forum so no post count padding).

There are three options for the increase in violence:
    1. Terrorists want us to vote Democrat
    2. Terrorists want us to vote Republican
    3. Terrorists don't care.

Option 1 would prove that the terrorists are stupid since every time they try to scare us the GOP seems to do better in the polls, so increasing violence to get us to vote Democrat is idiotic at best.

Option 2 would be the more likely option since the GOP got us into this mess and seems to be unwilling to plan a withdrawal strategy. Thus keeping them in power gives them ample training grounds and recruiting power.

Option 3 is the most likely option. In the other thread it was pointed out that there is typically a spike in violence this time of year. I might see some organized effort to push the vote one way or the other in an election year but why bother with the mid terms?

Why obfuscate the message? If they wanted to influence the election they should just release a new Bin Laden tape endorsing the candidate they want to lose.

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I read a Telegraph article yesterday that said there's a rise in violence because of Ramadan. Many of the 'martyrs' believe that if they die during the holy month there is a special place in paradise for them.

US forces suffer 100th death in Iraq this month