Did anyone see Jonathan Ives on Channle4 news

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sabbath, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2003
    Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldnt see it.

Channel4 news (UK) had an interview with Jonathan Ives last night. It was mainly a short piece on the design of apple products and a few details of when Ives first used a mac. He was asked about the iPod battery issues that have become quite an issue here in the UK. He declined to comment though, which I thought was a shame. He probably had the main part in making the battery the way it is, ie internal and non removable, and probably could have described best how it makes the ipod as simple and sleek as it is. Also that a battery service and apple care are available which most people seem to ignore in their reporting.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else saw it and what they thought of it?
  2. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
  3. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    In that case it's Jonathan Ive. Names are captalized.
  4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    Too bad I missed it. I often watch Channel 4 News when I'm at home, I think it's the best news service - reading the news, not making it a soap-opera like the BBC/ITV.

I guess this was Apple in the news for bad publicity. Is the battery replacement thing out in the UK? My brother has one of the new iPods and it would be reassuring to know his isn't going to become a nice paperweight in a year or two.