Did Apple give things away at London opening?

Discussion in 'Community' started by phreakout13, Nov 22, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

My friend said his friend got a crazy prize bag with a bunch-o-stuff in it at the Apple Store opening in London. Is this true, and if so, what did they give out?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Those bags cost money, while the content inside the bag is a mystery. While it makes it kind of fun, I actually think that they should give something away rather than have a mystery bag that costs several hundred dollars.

Oh, they did give away T-shirts, though. They were in a white box. Sounds cool, but really.....a grand opening where they make you pay for the gift? The only good thing about those bags is that there's always more than several hundred dollars worth of stuff in those bags. Most people do get an APExpress, several software titles, an iSight, possibly a Mini, etc. The problem is that you may already have the stuff in the bag, and so it's not worth THAT much to you.

3. haiggy macrumors 65816

I read in another post that they did... and it included so many goodies like:

AirPort Express
    iLife 04
    Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
    iSight
    iPod mini - I think
    and the list had about 10 other things on it

The list was pretty big and full of pretty expensive items...all of a sudden I became jealous and wished I could go to an Apple Store opening. I live near Toronto and I would go - but I'm only 15. I'll try and find the list for you.

Edit: Okay, so maybe they're not free... :rolleyes:

4. silentrage macrumors member

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

When they give them away at US Apple Store openings I believe they cost between $550 and $650 dollars.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Er, Not quite ;)

7. haiggy macrumors 65816

8. silentrage macrumors member

9. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

London Store gift bags would of cost you £250 with an estimated value of £700, so not a bad deal really as long as you haven't got all the stuff already! People seemed to be disappointed that there weren't more iPods in the bags, the majority of them seemed to have iSights.

10. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

That's awesome. If you already had stuff, you could sell what apple gave you unopened on eBay :)