Did Bush Force British Minister Out?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 8, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Blair said he totally agreed with Straws comments and that the thought of the use of nukes against any county was "absurd" at his monthly press conference today.

Straw's re-shuffle was part of a wider re-organisation, I think that "speculation" is too polite a word for it.

3. iGav macrumors G3

I thought The Demon Headmaster was going to get 2Jags job.

4. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

He also said John Prescott was one of the best people to cut a deal across government. So we know he's not above telling a few porkies to the press corps. When did you last hear the words "John Prescott" and "best" in the same sentence?:p
    FWIW I don't think GW forced it but it may have been playing on his mind. Straw has also (allegedly) been making overtures to the Brownites so maybe our Dear Leader thought his loyalty was in question.

5. Queso macrumors G4

The funny thing was, I was on The Embankment on Thursday lunchtime (enjoying some rare London sunshine) and a big motorcade, police outriders and all, stopped all the traffic so that Jack Straw could get to Westminster on the wrong side of the carriageway. Two minutes later an ambulance with sirens blaring had to fight it's way through the traffic. I remember thinking that was a perfect example of everything that is wrong with London, so when I heard Straw had lost his job I was rather pettily pleased :) .

I went back to the Embankment Friday lunchtime hoping to see him having to skateboard back the other way alone. Didn't happen.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Shouldn't that be "2shags" now?

7. Queso macrumors G4

At a pie-eating contest?