Did I damage my battery by using a bad charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by asenna, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2012
    I plugged in my friends macbook pro charger to charge my MBA at his house like I have done many times before but this time around I did not know that the charger was faulty but by the time he told me it was too late. The charger is having a problem where you need to wiggle it to get it to charge the laptop but it has no visible damage on the outside. It also behaved weirdly after I plugged it into my laptop (which by the way acted normally and started charging with this malfunctioning charger) ; the LED light on the magsafe stayed on after I unplugged it from my laptop but was a dim green as if there was a short inside the plug that was making it think it was still on. I fully charged my battery at home and everything is fine just worried if I had done damage to my laptop and if there are any procedures to check if it is damaged.
  2. macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    I think if you'd done any damage with a shorted cable you would know all about it by now...You should be fine, but take it as a lesson learned. Next time you might not be so lucky, and a short circuit could easily have fried your Logic Board beyond repair.

I use only Apple chargers, and only my own. I always check them prior to each use for any sign of damage.