Did I do the right thing? (yes this is game related)

Discussion in 'Games' started by ghall, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I bought Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls used,a few months back, and just noticed that something was wrong with it. So I decided to check up on what the game cartridge looked like. Turns out, my copy was missing a few graphics on the label. So I cantacted Nintendo, and told them what happened. I had bought the game off Amazon Marketplace, so I gave Nintendo the seller's username.
    Did I do the right thing? Will I get a reward of some kind? (not that I did it for a reward, but a bonus is always nice) And, I know Nintendo will do something, seeing as they loose money from pirated games, but what should I expect them to do?

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

So you are assuming it's a bootleg then?

If it is, you did the right thing. I'd have contacted the seller to, see if he would refund your money.

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

You won't get a reward. The best you could hope for is a real cart or your money back but not much more I'm afraid! You did do the right thing though.

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

The real cart whould be reward enough. I'm not getting my hopes up though. I feel good enough to have helped out my second favorite company, though.

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Actually, I'm not assuming it's bootleg. I know for a fact. I checked it up. I have a comparison if anyones interested:

Attached Files:

6. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Most likely a fake. Look at the cartridge connectors, on a real cart they're clean and nice and pretty and such. On a fake they'll look a bit naff.

I would have first got my money back off the buyer, every damn penny (even shipping) then contacted Nintendo. I can't stand fake sellers on eBay and co. and will report them at any chance I get.

8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

What's pathetic, the cart or for doing the right thing and reporting piracy?

Yeah I bought Star Trek TOS seasons 1 and 2 boxset on eBay that were advertised as the real deal. Turned out to be cheap knock offs (you could see print through the stickered on labels of previous labelling), I posted about that on here. The seller gave me a full refund after I told him I'd reported him to FACT. The last I checked he was still selling dodgy copies of things on eBay but at least they're now clearly advertised as backups etc. I figure its one thing to download something illegally for your own use (although I'm not condoning it), however, its another thing entirely to sell something illegally for a profit such as this.