did I get the new ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ejewels52, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ejewels52 macrumors member

So I just received my brand new ACD 23". How do I know if it is the newest version with the new specs like the 700:1 contrast and the brighter screen? the box it came in has the part no. M9178LL/A.....and the model no. is A1082. On the bottom of the actual display, its says model 1082. Did I get the newest version? I ordered it directly from apple.com. I just am concerned, because the directions it came with say the weight is 14.90, but the website says 15.5.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you're happy with its performance then I wouldn't put a single second of energy into finding out its contrast ratio. :)

3. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

right...just making sure I got the newest one....anyone?

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I'd return it, have you confirmed if the model no. concurs with the no. on the site? If not then you got an old one, the new ones are so much brighter and have much better response times.

5. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

6. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, the model number does match the one on the website as stated before...its just that the weight number differs from whats on apples site. I would assume since I ordered from apple directly, I would have gotten the newest one. Maybe the weight number on the website was just put in wrong or vice-versa?

7. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

This is what that link got me:

Model: M9178 Cinema Display HD 23 inch
    Factory: 2A (China)code_to_number: 0UQ -

Production year: 2006
    Production week: 31 (August)
    Production number: 976 (within this week)

8. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

Is this a new one? August...seems it to me...

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, that should be a new one. I don't think there's any actual weight difference between the different spec models, probably just a random discrepancy that you noticed in the wight numbers.

10. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Yeah, the productnumber is correct, or the letters are! M9178LL/A, where the LL is the new version from begin August. Also on top of the box, there is a black sticker with white writing from Apple on it. Does it mention the Mac Pro? The old ones mentions that this display only works with a G4 or a G5. I still wondering, have you checked your serial at Apple's website under the support section? And did you get the new or the old specs of the display?

I know, a lot of questions, but I recently bought a 23" ACD and found out that it was an old version. Still waiting for the new one and want to know to look for when I get the new box.

11. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

You're worried you have an older machine because the boxed weight is 600g off? What the flying f*ck is this world coming to?

12. ejewels52 thread starter macrumors member

Its not like I measured it myself. The manual says the wrong specs than what the website says which led me to believe I have an older model. If u just spent 1k on a display, wouldn't u want the newest one? what the flying f**k are getting at?

anyways, I don't see a sticker on top of the box regarding the mac pro, but since it was made in august, I hope I'm okay. It has on the box the writing only requiring g4/g5..i am gonna check the serial number on apples site now...

13. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Owh oh... I really hope this is a new one! Let us know what kind of specs you get when entering your SN.

14. cinemafraud macrumors member

If you have bought any ACD in Europe recently (after mid August) please let me know. I have received a Late 2005 model twice since that date and I have created a website to inform about these irregularities.

You can find more about my story at http://www.cinemafraud.com If you are having the same case, please let me know so I can add it to the fraud list.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

... Snore...

16. cinemafraud macrumors member

Sorry guys, I will stop spamming and will focus on a single thread instead. The issue took my nerves out of control.