did itunes pull the star trek series?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scttwtkns, Mar 15, 2007.

1. scttwtkns macrumors newbie

I just got an email from the itunes music store announcing the creation of a TV sci fi & fantasy genre. Oddly enough, when you click, itunes launches, but only shows a handful of sci fi related shows in this genre, even though they have more shows under the sci fi channel. Does anyone else find the itunes store TV section confusing? Anyway, I did a search, and it looks like the original Star Trek series has been pulled. At least, i can't find it anymore.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I dont think they had the TV series but they do have the movies. :confused:

3. scttwtkns thread starter macrumors newbie

original series first season

Unless i'm having a massive halucination, the itunes store did have the first season of the original Star Trek series a couple of months ago.

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Yeah, they pulled the TV series for some issue. They said that they would be returning, but gave no exact date as to when it would happen.

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Its possible :D Its more likely I just didnt see them. Im not a Star trek fan. Isnt there a classic section on one of the channels. I recall some old stuff on there maybe its under that instead of Sci-Fi.

Im just guessing though. :eek:

6. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

It's back

It's back and remastered. I've seen the remastered episodes broadcast in high-def. The picture quality is so good it looks like it was shot yesterday. They also fix fx shots, but not like star wars. They just tweek them in a good way.

Edit:
    Okay, that's weird. They have Star Trek TOS posted twice. They only have 11 episodes of season 1 remastered then they have all 26 episodes of season 1 unmasted? under a different season pass, strange. I would hope they continue the remasters for all 3 seasons for release on DVD or Blu-ray someday.