Did my PB come with an iLife CD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kretzy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

When I upgraded to Tiger, I did a clean install and therefore deleted iLife from my PB. When I went to reinstall it, I couldn't find a disc for it. I can't even remember if I got one with my PB or not, or if I had just lost it somewhere. My uncle just got a PB also so I thought I could borrow his iLife CD, but he didn't seem to have one either...

Am I just going crazy or did my PB not come with an iLife CD???
    If I have just lost it is there any way I can get iLife without having to purchase it?

Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The disks that come with a new PowerBook are not simply OS disks but rather disks that contain all the software you would have had pre-installed. As such, iLife is not on a separate disk but rather embedded in the Restore disks. To get them back, you may have to look for the individual installer packages using Pacifist. :)

3. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

It should be on your install DVD's that came with your powerbook. You have to choose to install "additional software" from the options menu on the disk. I am speaking from memory so my wording may not be exact, but I have the exact same powerbook, and did just like you when upgrading to Tiger. iLife is definitely on one of the two DVD's though..

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's a good point. Certainly try installing them from the DVD/CD first by navigating to customised installations. However, I'm pretty sure they can't be installed this way, which sucks. :(

Either way, the Pacifist option is pretty simple/easy. :)

5. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

Crisis over haha.

I just did a custom install off the "Bundled Software" package on the disk I initially got with my PB. Thanks a lot for your help guys! ;)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Awesome. I didn't realise it'd be so easy. I really should have guessed. :eek:

7. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

Glad you got it worked out. Thanks mad jew for the software recomendation btw. Wasn't aware of it before, and although it wasn't needed in this case, I can envision plenty of uses for it going forward..Thanks :)