Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jniedt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
NJ
I posted before but I think my title was a little undescriptive and didn't get any answers to the question.

I'm looking to buy the 2.0 15 MBP and was just curious whether the issues ive been hearing about are just in 1.83 model MBPs, and whether they are still occuring in 2.0 if they started in 1.83 MBPs.

I know the heat problem is a bit overblown, but the mooing would get on my nerves. I realize that apple will fix these problems, but I really don't want to send my primary work computer away during the upcoming semester(design major, so i'm not just using it for word processing and surfing ;-) )

.j.j.n.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
My 1.83 MacBook is 100% fine, as are many others. Just FYI. Not ALL of them had a problem. You're of course gonna hear from the negative experiences a lot more than the positive ones, so you should try and realize that.

Oh, mine is a "week 29" and I've had it since 7/21. So far so good! :)

EDIT: I figured I should also mention I use it every day, and quite a lot... heh... I'ma geek like that. Also, it's usually in sleep while not being used. I think I've only had it shut down once so far and that was to upgrade the hard drive. :D

EDIT #2: Wow, must be a long day. You're referring to MacBook PRO's! :p Sorry... lol.

*slowly backs away*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.