Did they fix the proximity sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

Did they fix the proximity sensor in the new 8GB iPhone 4 and the new iPhone 4S? Face dialing was horrible on my old AT&T iPhone 4.

I heard that the white ones have a new sensor, but the black ones (iPhone 4) still have the old crap ones that face dial. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer an issue with even white iPhones?

2. macrumors G4

Small White Car

They fixed this on all iPhones months ago. If you're still having trouble then your specific unit was defective. The design itself is fine now.

3. macrumors 6502

The last batch of white iPhone 4 I tested were manufactured in Aug. And those still have proximity problem. Unless Apple changed something after Aug,...

4. macrumors 6502a

dcorban

5. macrumors 6502

6. macrumors 6502

The proximity sensor in the iPhone 4 fixed or not is not nearly as good as it was in the 3GS. Apple 'fixed' the issue and my phone got replaced for other reasons, and I still see the screen turning on etc.

iPhone, iPhone3G, iPhone3GS, never had the screen turn on once for me.

7. macrumors newbie

Yep, this was by far my biggest complaint with the iPhone 4. I have gone through 3 different iPhone 4's over the last year (for unrelated problems) and while it got progressively better, it still was horrible compared to my 3GS. My 3GS was perfect in every way, and it didn't have sharp edges...

8. macrumors regular

i had a black 4. prox. sensor never worked correctly. constant face dialing.

the bluetooth range was horrible. phone had to be in direct line of sight and within about 10 feet.

anyone else have horrible Bluetooth issues along with the sensor? its enough to piss you off.

9. macrumors demi-god

DirtySocks85

When I first got my iPhone 4 it had the proximity issue, but that was fixed fairly well after iOS 4.1 or so. I haven't noticed the problem since.