Did you buy a Cinema Display recently?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by petite, Sep 27, 2006.

1. petite macrumors member

Did you buy a Cinema Display recently?

If so, does it say in the manual that 10.2.8 is the requirement?

I am worried I just received the old version. I was wondering if the product manuals had been updated on the new versions or if the old manuals (with 10.2.8 as a requirement) were in all boxes?!?

I also searched the serial number on the Apple Support site. It gave me this: Cinema Display (23-inch DVI Late 2005)

Does everyone get this (late 2005) or does anyone get results like suggesting newer model? Since Apple doesn't have the new specs listed on the support site I don't know wether this is a confirmation of the Display being of the old version.

Does anyone know ?!?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Let me put it this way, I am certain they have a few buckets full of manuals and cardboard boxes that they still need to use.

That means the new screens might still be put in an old box with an old manual.

Do you have any problems with the screen? Isn't it bright enough or good enough for your needs?

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

In the other threads about ACD's we are asking the same questions and share experiences. We still don't have a good answer on these questions how to tell if it is a new one or which specs you get when entering your serialnumber. Maybe there is a bug on Apple's website, who knows...

4. petite thread starter macrumors member

Well, I went ahead and plugged it in. Yes, it's bright enough but contrast could be better - but it's not awful... It's way better than my PowerBook screen :eek:

5. petite thread starter macrumors member

I read through the other threads and they were so scattered and with no answers so I thought I try a new one out.

But it is so strange how Apple has handled this upgrade. Why not change model numbers - and if not doing that, why not informing us better :confused:

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Well, doing a little research with Mactracker learned me that Apple has introduced these displays in 2004. Although there where updates, the figures haven't changed, only the two letters and then you get /A. So the updated ones are with LL/A, the old ones are ZM/A. We now finally know how to see if which version you have. Also, the LL/A is sold in the US, In Europe you probably get the ZM/A version, even though the specs on Apple's website list the new version, but only tell the productnumber, not the letters!!! See the thread in the Buying Tips of CinemaFraud.

8. petite thread starter macrumors member

I think you are wrong there. ZM/A just means sold in Europe and LL/A sold in USA. If you bought ACD year ago in USA it was also LL/A.

9. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I wonder... Does anyone have any proof of this, and are we back to the beginning if this is true with the big question "how to identify an ACD with the new specs?"

10. asencif macrumors 6502

I thought this thread should be revived as I just bought a new 23 ACD and my serial begins with 2A63 which should be above 2A6281. Most are saying that this is the way to tell if you have an updated one. Also, when looking it up using the Chipmunk site it says August 2006 model. This is all assuring until you try looking it up at Apple's support site.

However, the Apple support site does not have the updated specs anyhow, only the sales/product pages do.