did you get your 17" C2D MBP yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shecky, Oct 28, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

post in this thread when you do please. i want to get a feel for when they are starting to arrive in the stores and being shipped, now that most stores seem to have gotten at least a few 15" machines.

i have my name on the list at Providence Place, i am hoping they get in this week. someone on another thread posted that they were told as early as Monday. here's hoping.

2. stevehp macrumors 6502

none of the Toronto stores have them.

The apple rep i spoke today on the phone said to expect it earlier than my posted shipping date of Nov 7 though...So here's to hoping!

3. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

I have called every apple store in the bay area everyday since friday..

I keep getting a variety of answers.

The best answer I heard was, "we are hoping for monday"..

the worst answer I heard was, "They will not arrive until the week of November 6th"

YIKES...

I have not heard of anybody getting there 17 inch at a store or in the mail.

cheers

4. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

what list?

cheers

5. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Ordered mine and it shows a 7 Nov ship with a 15 Nov delivery date.

6. Ino macrumors member

Ordered a little late...est. ship is Nov. 8 and est. delivery is Nov. 16!!!

7. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Hey all, some guy posted this in the "got your mbp c2d 15 yet, tell us about it" thread.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

got the 17"
    hey all, just saw this thread on slashdot and wanted to let everyone know that i just picked up the first 17" out of a store in St. Louis today

* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x2GB, 1x1GB
    * 200GB Serial ATA Drive @ 4200 rpm
    * SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    * MacBook Pro 17-inch Widescreen Display
    * Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)
    * Apple MagSafe Airline Power Adapter
    * Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    * Accessory Kit

8. Infinity macrumors member

I ordered mine just 4 days ago, ships Nov. 9, delivered Nov 13. I thought in the US you guys would get it sooner?

9. Infinity macrumors member

Weren't Apple suppose to start shipping the 17 incher next week? Are they known to ship sooner than estimated or is it that I smell a bit of BS here.

10. darkwing macrumors 65816

I smell BS too, because the 200 mb drive is a configure option and stores only carry stock models.. or so I thought? Please correct me if I am wrong someone! :)

11. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

I ordered mine the day they came out and it showed estimated ship by 0ct. 30th and delivery by nov 5. However it shipped on oct. 27 and estimated delivery is nov. 1 When I check the tracking status it's showing that it's at the local sort facility in Romulus which is about 10 miles from here, so I'm crossing my fingers that it gets here by early morning on monday :D

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read the title fully. I've ordered the 15'' model. Good luck to you all who're going for the 17'' I need to carry mine to college everyday and it's just too big for me.

12. eddietr macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure about this report, but I do think the stores carry more than just stock models.

I bought my 15" MBP the day the the local store got them and I got one with 2gig RAM and the 7200rpm drive. And I think those were configure options also.

I ordered the 17" C2D late on the 24th. (Spent the whole day deciding between the glossy and matte. :) )

So my estimate ship date is Nov 7 with delivery on the Nov 13. I hope it goes earlier!

13. Reach macrumors 6502a

And what did you decide?

Waiting for a stock (which means matte) 17" here, ordered first day, estimated shipping 7th, estimated delivery 15th. (I'm in Norway)

14. eddietr macrumors 6502a

Sounds like Nov 7 will be a big day in Shanghai! I hope these start trickling out earlier.

After going back to the Apple store that evening and looking at the screens, I decided the glossy will work for me for what I need and the light conditions I work in. I've had a Sager with a 17" glossy for about a year and half now (my linux "laptop") and I like that screen, but it's a little too glossy sometimes. The Apple glossy is somewhere in between my MBP (matte) and the Sager. Hopefully this new C2D will help me retire the sager and save my back from carrying around 2 computers.

15. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

On waiting list at Topanga (Canoga Park, CA) store since release on Tuesday (stock 17"). Hopefully, it'll show up in next few days (tomorrow, pls?). Good to see some other news about 17" ship/delivery times. They're received (and sold out of) a few 15" MBP C2Ds.

I've had to wait for new models before (think it was a month for original TiBook, maybe more for Wallstreet), but this is the hardest... :)

Upgrading from 17" PB, 1.67, 1440 display, 2GB RAM, upgraded optical (2.4x DL) (March, 2005)

16. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

Providence Place told me again today that the 17 will be in the store "in early November"

lets hope that means Wednesday.

17. rw1979 macrumors member

Quick question: When you look at your order details on the Apple website does "Fast Ship (EMEA)" mean the express service?
    I was never given an option for express delivery when I paid my money!
    Also has anyone's bank account been debited for the purchase? I've heard that's the sure fire way that it's being shipped immanently!

18. Triplenickle macrumors regular

I ordered my 17" Glossy CTO Oct 25 and says ship by Nov 8; delivery by Nov 16.

19. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

can anyone who has ordered a standard 17 in the last few days let me know when your expected shipping and delivery date is? please.

i want to change my glossy for a matte :D but dont want to wait longer than nov 14th for delivery which is when my glossy is due.

i dont want to cancel and order the matte to find out that it will be delivered in december lol.

20. steely macrumors member

I ordered a stock 17" model (matte screen) this past Friday (10/27). Estimated ship date is Nov 13 with an expected delivery by Nov 16.

21. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I ordered Stock 17" MBP on 24th - Shipping 7th - Deliver 14th

P.S. Im in UK

22. robcts macrumors regular

i plan on ordering a 17" with 3gb ram / 100gb 7200rpm drive option sometime next week. wonder how long it will take.. :mad:

23. Mlebout macrumors member

Shipping option

Did you choose Standard Shipping or Express?

Thanks,

Waiting for (Ordered 24th)...

MacBook Pro, 17-inch, 2.33GHz
    Part Number: Z0DR
    Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Apple USB Modem
    Accessory Kit
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Widescreen Display
    160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm

Estimated Total: $3,340.00

24. stevehp macrumors 6502

I have express shipping on a 17 inch...

Ship date of Nov 7th and delivery Nov 9th-ish...

All the apple reps I have spoken to generally agree it'll be shipped before the 7th...

25. Mlebout macrumors member

One more question... where are you located? My order comfirmation only gives an estimated shipping date.

Thanks,

Estimated shipping date is Nov. 7.