did you order a G5? your shipping date has changed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sickracer2015, Jun 24, 2003.

1. macrumors member

if an order has been placed for a G5 the shipping date has changed from august to on or before 9/02/03, typical of apple.. it will probably change another 3 times

2. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Yeah I noticed that as well, but I figured this much.

3. macrumors 65816

Foxer

No good S.O.B.'s. I knew they'd do this shipping date slippage, but I didn't know it start they DAY AFTER.

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, anyone remember the original G4 fiasco? I got caught in that - they promised something they could deliver, cancelled all outstanding orders, upped the price and told us all to re-order. I ended up waiting months for my 450 MHz G4.....

I'm not getting a G5 until they're available in the stores. It will save me a lot of anticipation - anguish to see the date keep moving farther into September.....

D

5. macrumors 68000

e-coli

That's quite the polarizing sig you've got there. I personally find it to be extremely tasteless. Not to mention ironic. :rolleyes:

6. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Well, which system did you guys get? I bought a dual 2gig with no added features, I am going to by everything else like ram and another hard drive not from apple, they charge way too much for ram yikes. You can get double the ammount of ram for the same price at crucial, but that's a different thread sorry. . .

7. macrumors 65816

Foxer

Almsot makes me sorry I changed it. It was no less polarizing and ironic than many of the others I've seen here.

8. macrumors 65816

yzedf

New machines will ship with 10.3 (unless I am sadly mistaken). We have "known" 10.3 was not to ship (for non-developer types) until September.

1 + 1 = 2

9. macrumors 6502a

I was at the Woodfield Mall (IL) Apple Store for the keynote yesterday and right after the speech, a store employee read an e-mail from corp. HQ saying the G5s would start shipping in September. So actually, the slippage began mere minutes after Jobs' speech.

It's quite possible that Jobs' speech was simply wrong ... or if he's speaking without notes, he might have just said it wrong. I write speeches for a living ... it happens pretty often, especially when chief execs go off the script.

10. macrumors 65816

Foxer

But the web site DID say August when I ordered...

I was at the Woodfield store yesterday, too. But I bugged out as soon as Jobs finished, my lunch break had already gone on too long. I saw the employees circualting those e-mails, but i wasn't there for the announcement.