Didn't order accessories!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BacklitFirefly, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BacklitFirefly
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

I didn't order the keyboard dock or that neat Apple iPad case when I reserved my iPad -- and now those things aren't available online. Will the stores possibly have some in stock on Saturday?

2. rorschach
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

rorschach

Someone posted here that the stores would have all the accessories in stock. I don't have a link though.

3. BacklitFirefly
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

4. diabolic
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

I'd be worried about accessories running out with all the people there buying iPads.

And I wouldn't be 100% sure you can walk into an Apple store and buy only an iPad accessory on Saturday. With the 2 lines, I doubt they'll let anyone else in until later in the day. By then I'd expect the cases and docks to probably be gone.

5. 7on
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

7on

6. RebelRed
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I didn't order anything extra either. I can wait though. Nothing is a must-have right away for me.

BTW, does any bluetooth keyboard work with the iPad?

7. below sea level
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Yes.

8. firteen888
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

The apple keyboard has a dock which will allow the ipad to sit nicely while typing. I would imagine a bluetooth keyboard wouldn't be too comfortable to use while trying to balance an ipad at the same time.

9. BacklitFirefly
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll be at that Apple store by 9 a.m. Saturday to pick up the iPad I reserved there anyway, so hopefully if they have any of the cases I want I can grab one then.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure I need the keyboard dock yet. I might want to just experience the virtual keyboard and the "holding" aspect of the iPad first. ...hm.....

10. diabolic
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

But an iPad in the regular dock with a bluetooth keyboard that you can pull back away from the iPad a bit might be more comfortable than the attached keyboard on the dock.

11. kdesign7
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC184LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTczMTA0OTY

You can Always use this keyboard with the iPad - it just doesn't have the DockStand/Base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SchneiderMan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I would get a Wireless keyboard and instead of the Apple iPad Dock i would get this much more practical stand/dock by Twelvesouth called "BookArc".

[​IMG]

13. yaroldb
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

I hope they have the case. I did not think they would, but this is good news.