Didn't samsung introduce the appletv killer?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by icrude, Jan 18, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Samsung came out with a crazy tv apparently at CES. Didn't they come out with it to capture the people that are waiting for the next apple tv? If so, I found it almost impossible to read info about it and I don't understand why they didn't make a bigger deal about it...?

2. macrumors 68020

Uhhh....because it was all marketing spin? :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 601

^That.

How can they kill the "new Apple TV" if nobody knows what it is?

They also announced a 8-core processor (b4r anyone can say where is the 4-core?) rumored to be on the next Galaxy IV. So u number-chasers just hold on your purchases OK because dual-core is soooooo yesterday. ;)

5. macrumors newbie

EedyBeedyBeeps

Are you referring to the teaser that showed a portrait screen standing in front of a tree, all winter-like? And something about a new shape of a TV?

They unveiled a curved OLED TV for consumers. I think that's what it was all about.

6. macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I haven't paid much attention to the specs or in-depth details of the "soon-to-be-released" Samsung TV's but at least for now I have the latest 60" LED Samsung SmarTV and I still use my AppleTV rather than those smart functions built in to the TV.

I am interested in the upgrade pack that I can plug into my "old" late 2012 TV to upgrade the processor and smart functions just to see if they are any nicer.

7. brendu, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

macrumors 68000

The new Samsung tv everyone is so excited about costs $38,000 USD. That is not going to hurt anyone else's tv sales.

8. macrumors 601

Sound like those "concept cars" at auto shows. All glitz and no reality.