Didn't samsung introduce the appletv killer?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by icrude, Jan 18, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 29, 2006
    Samsung came out with a crazy tv apparently at CES. Didn't they come out with it to capture the people that are waiting for the next apple tv? If so, I found it almost impossible to read info about it and I don't understand why they didn't make a bigger deal about it...?
  2. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2012
    Uhhh....because it was all marketing spin? :rolleyes:
  3. macrumors 6502

Apr 27, 2010
  4. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012

How can they kill the "new Apple TV" if nobody knows what it is?

They also announced a 8-core processor (b4r anyone can say where is the 4-core?) rumored to be on the next Galaxy IV. So u number-chasers just hold on your purchases OK because dual-core is soooooo yesterday. ;)
  5. macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2013
    Are you referring to the teaser that showed a portrait screen standing in front of a tree, all winter-like? And something about a new shape of a TV?

They unveiled a curved OLED TV for consumers. I think that's what it was all about.
  6. macrumors demi-god

Dec 30, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I haven't paid much attention to the specs or in-depth details of the "soon-to-be-released" Samsung TV's but at least for now I have the latest 60" LED Samsung SmarTV and I still use my AppleTV rather than those smart functions built in to the TV.

I am interested in the upgrade pack that I can plug into my "old" late 2012 TV to upgrade the processor and smart functions just to see if they are any nicer.
  7. brendu, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

macrumors 68000

Apr 23, 2009
    The new Samsung tv everyone is so excited about costs $38,000 USD. That is not going to hurt anyone else's tv sales.
  8. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012

Sound like those "concept cars" at auto shows. All glitz and no reality.