Diet Update

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Aug 4, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

last time i checked there were a few posters here actively on a diet

how are you all doing right now?

i started at 179 lbs. in june and i am down to 169 (shown in signature) with a goal of reaching and maintaining 160-165 range...the last few pounds are murder as my body is now trying to store up all fat in its starvation mode

...my mind cannot tell my body it's only a diet and it's good for me:rolleyes:

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Well I am not on a diet but I am taking part is more active lifestyle (ie. Walking for one hour a day and badminton atleast once a week)

At the start I weighted at 14stone (ewww) and now I weigh just under 12.5 stone. (I am about 6ft)

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I've stalled out recently, but I'll be getting back on track now that work won't be requiring so much overtime...until school starts.:rolleyes:

I started out at 260; down to 254, with a little fluctuation from day-to-day.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

I need to eat more. :D

I'm 6'3" and only about 160lbs. I've been lifting a lot of weights lately, getting ready for the track season and swim season, so my appetite has increased.

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

sorry to be the dumb american but WTF is a stone?

6. MacMaster macrumors 6502

I really need to eat more. I'm 5' 8 1/2", 120 lbs. and I'm a hockey goalie!:D :p :rolleyes: :eek: I must have a really high motabilism(sp?) because I eat lots of food! It's probably because I play so much hockey(about 4 games 4 practices per week :eek: ). Being that light does help you move faster though...

7. awrc macrumors regular

14lbs - standard weight measurement, for people at least, in the UK. So 12 stones is 168lbs, for example.

8. awrc macrumors regular

I started writing the saga of my weight, but the thing went on forever, so I decided to spare everybody. It's long, it's complicated, it includes intercontinental migration, mental illness, alcohol, an unpleasant divorce, at least one nervous breakdown, a broken leg, and way too much self-pity and misery to inflict on innocent bystanders.

Short version - 6'0" tall. I should ideally be 168lbs, the lightest I've been as an adult is 140lbs, the heaviest I've been is 285lbs, and right now I'm unfortunately nearer the latter than the former but rapidly closing in on the weight at which I switch from being technically obese to merely overweight. Target is to reach that by the end of September, and to be within the "normal' weight range for my height by next spring.

9. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

ok now my question is why 14lbs?
    and a STONE?
    crazy brits ;)

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I was wondering more why they are using a measure of weight based on pounds :confused:

11. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Dammit... when are people going to start using metric measurements? Meters, centimeters; kilograms, grams; litres, milliletres; and fricken ºC! The only thing that isn't commonly metric in Australia is time... we should use beats... I'm a big beat fan :)

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well congrats to jef for his progress...I know u have to be happy about it! :D

as for me...I'm eating more than ever...just started working out on a Bowflex...so far it's a little awkward...but I like it! ;)

oh yeah...and not gaining any weight...no worries though...he he he

13. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I'm about 170cm, weighing 58 Kgs and 600 grams, I'm drinking coffee, standard cupsize 33 Cl, temp of the coffee is 58°C, and outdoor temp is 'bout 16°C.;) :p

I would love to see time on beats though.
    Can we start from today onward??
    I hate doing + - to know how late it is in other parts of the world.

14. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Good job, but...
    a) That would be 58.6 Kgs, it's not like feet and inches :)
    b) WTF is a Cl?

15. MacMaster macrumors 6502

centi-liters maybe?

16. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

how long is a beat?
    i have been known to use the metric system ocasionally but ont often because no one here knows what it is.
    they talk about a kilo, but they have no idea how much a kilo weighs.
    and i never did understand the imperial system. metric just makes sence to me.
    base 10 like everything arround you.
    the guy who invented the imperial system:

Attached Files:

17. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Weight training can really help reduce fat and increase your muscle mass. After starting my powerlifting routine, I've gained 15 pounds and very little of that is fat. The extra muscles are increasing my metabolism and along with running for 30min, 5 days a week, I sould be dropping below the 7% body fat level in the next mth or so. Killer abs, here I come!

18. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Yeah, I don't understand the feet inches stuff either.
    Cl would be centi-liters, I don't know how many gallons that is. :D

Now about that beat-time.

It's now @351
    And you Beej , if I'm not mistaken are in Melbourne, there it is now 18.25 or something? Correct.