Difference between buying online and buying at a Apple Retail store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PenrynMBP, Feb 27, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys, I am just wondering what the difference is when buying an Apple MACBOOK PRO online, and buying it from a retail store. Does it matter?

Cause like, why would people order and wait a few days for shipping, when they can just go to their closest Retail Apple store or Best Buy and just get one right away?

2. macrumors 6502a

Not everyone lives next to an Apple Store. Some of us don't really care. Two hours, seven days, it doesn't matter.

3. macrumors newbie

When you buy online you can get BTO options like the 200 GB 7200 RPM HD.

4. macrumors regular

ethernet76 is right. There are some people who live 2 hours or more from an apple store. Then there are people like me who live in the bay area, CA (SF area) and can go to any of the 5 apple stores within a 30 miles radius of my home. If one apple store didn't have the new peryns MBP, then I could just drive 10-15 mins to another apple store that did have them. Gotta love livin the bay area!! :D

A little map of where i live: :apple: = apple store;
    :apple::apple::apple:
    :apple:ME:apple:
    :apple::apple::apple:

5. thread starter macrumors member

THAT'S IT!? People told me that you get it built right from the factory FRESH instead of buying from a bunch of stocks that were already built a long time ago.
    But for me, I will be the first Canadian to get mine because all the CANADIAN APPLE RETAIL STORES say they won't have it in till 1-2 weeks later. HAHA, I AM GETTING IT WAY BEFORE THE CANADIAN STORES :D

6. thread starter macrumors member

Man I love California, holy **** I been there twice last year, its like my favourite place you lucky.