Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MG4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
hello mates, im MG4 here.

i have some problem in indentifying the original and the fake iphone 4s. my seller is from a company from China who claims that they are selling original apple products. their price also cheap. when i asked about it, they said they are one of the wholeseller. the item that they showed in the webcam looks exactly as iphone. they also giving me 3 years warranty which is 1 year warranty from apple and remaining 2 years from they company. i saw the box and the sets. behind the box stated designed in Apple California, Assembled in China. the seller also gave me model number which is A1387. they also guarantees its and original phone and if i can find out its fake, then they said they will refund the full payment.

Please advise on this issue guys....

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
when i asked about it, they said they are one of the wholeseller. the item that they showed in the webcam looks exactly as iphone. they also giving me 3 years warranty which is 1 year warranty from apple and remaining 2 years from they company. i saw the box and the sets. behind the box stated designed in Apple California, Assembled in China. the seller also gave me model number which is A1387.

Proceed with caution.

You cannot seriously expect to tell the difference between a real and fake iPhone over a webcam. And what's to stop them showing you a real iPhone and box, but sending you something completely different?

If their price seems too good to be true, then it probably is... ;)

RTP.

MG4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I have another seller who mail me the pics of the iphone 4s that they are selling. at the back of the box i saw the serial number and when i check in the apple website, the serial is valid and have not activated yet. is that ok?

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The question is, are you willing to risk it? I'm not saying all things in China a fake, but you need to consider that if it is a fake, don't expect a refund coming your way.

maira

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
how would someone identify

is there any clear way to identify between fake and real iphone ?? i had the same incident once when i was walking around in a cell phone market, a guy suddenly came in front on me and started saying that he has a brand new iphone which he has found somewhere. he wanted to sell it to me and to be very honest i also wanted to go for the deal, he was just asking for few 1000 bucks but the problem was---i didn't recognize whether its real one or fake. it was looking like a pure Apple iphone still i didnt get that.

now my question is how would someone recognize between real and fake ??

MG4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
is there any clear way to identify between fake and real iphone ?? i had the same incident once when i was walking around in a cell phone market, a guy suddenly came in front on me and started saying that he has a brand new iphone which he has found somewhere. he wanted to sell it to me and to be very honest i also wanted to go for the deal, he was just asking for few 1000 bucks but the problem was---i didn't recognize whether its real one or fake. it was looking like a pure Apple iphone still i didnt get that.

now my question is how would someone recognize between real and fake ??

As far as i know, when u see at the back of the phone, if it is written the capacity of the phone inside a small rectangle, thats consider fake

ahmedfathy01110

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
Iphone is made in usa. so, if you buy it cheap that should be from the usa not from different country. Iphone from china a fake and very cheap

SleekB

macrumors member
May 28, 2012
As far as i know, when u see at the back of the phone, if it is written the capacity of the phone inside a small rectangle, thats consider fake

go with your gut feeling. if you screw up you will learn.
i wouldnt buy an iphone like that if i were you but its your money do your thing

MG4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Check this site guys,

Code:
sz-bksy.com

Planning to get it from here.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Please don't sell a kidney to buy an iPhone.

Good luck.

Iphone is made in usa. so, if you buy it cheap that should be from the usa not from different country. Iphone from china a fake and very cheap

No iPhone is made in the US.

maira

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012

what else ??? is it the only way to choose between fake and a real one ??? any idea guys, how would you identify a fake i-phone or a real one ? something apart from a "capacity quote"

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
what else ??? is it the only way to choose between fake and a real one ??? any idea guys, how would you identify a fake i-phone or a real one ? something apart from a "capacity quote"

They are getting better at making these 'look' the part.

Sometimes its only when the phone is in your hands and you boot it up that it becomes apparent that its not of good quality build, not IOS and it won't hook up to iTunes.

Like others have said if you want the real deal then either buy from apple or take a contract out with your network who will supply an iPhone. Purchase off a friend or colleague or buy from a high street store that deal in 2nd hand iPhones !

Be safe not sorry !

Teamholmes86

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2012
I agree you can only tell a fake when you have it in your hands plus to answer someones question (buy one and tell us what they are like) the fakes ones say they can do all this stuff when they can't they are not smartphones they hardly work can't watch utube videos, load webpages, touch screens hardly works and no apps, battery dies after five mins, and last about a week befor ********* up they are cheap Chinese c**p and the real iPhones are desined by apple in America and put together in china they are not made in china.
There are so meny Chinese scammers out there just rember if the price is to good to be true then it's a fake and don't be tempted to buy one a fake because they are cheap rubbish

deivess

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2012
sz-bksy.com is a Scam Web

Check this site guys,

Code:
sz-bksy.com

Planning to get it from here.

Hi LxHunter,

That web is a scam, I pay $258.00 for one Ipad and I receive 2 presentation cards. :mad: That is a bad idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.