Difference between Refurb and Refreshed Items

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i-sidd, Dec 3, 2006.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Apr 27, 2006
    I just found out from a thread that there is something called refresh items. I was wondering if there is any difference in prices between them. I am looking for a Macbook, and I am on a budget so the CD refurbs on the apple online are $849 and $899, which I can afford. However, the refresh items can be bought from the appl retail store, are they cheaper, do you go to the store and ask them if they have a refresh? Which one should I buy refresh or refurb. And since the C2D refurbs are not out I guess they don't have the refrsh C2D as well. Any suggestions
  2. rstorm macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I would contact the Apple store and see what the pricing is. If its less go for it. If not the refurb's are a great deal.
  3. powerboy macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2004
    My understanding is that "refreshed" items are either display models or customer returns to the retail stores. Since there was never anything wrong with them, the wipe them clean and sell them as "refreshed." Refurbished items likely had a problem or defect that needed repairing. I bought a refreshed Power Mac G5 from the Apple Store when a updated model was released. It was actually $200 cheaper than the same model refurbished. It came with the same one year AppleCare that new machine have. It has been a great machine and I saved a lot of money.