Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbagaindoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Im new at Mac, ripping dvd needs Mac the ripper, -- Toast 7 or Dvd2onex which one would you recommend? Does Toast 7 has built in popcorn, anyone tried Toast 7. Thanks in advanced!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Toast 7 does much, much more than DVD2oneX. Are you familiar with Nero on Windows? Toast is a bit like that. It's a full-featured CD and DVD creation package.

Yes, it does have Popcorn functionality built in.

pbagaindoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Nermal said:
Toast 7 does much, much more than DVD2oneX. Are you familiar with Nero on Windows? Toast is a bit like that. It's a full-featured CD and DVD creation package.

Yes, it does have Popcorn functionality built in.
Thanks! Nermal So in short, Mac the ripper-- Toast 7 is that it?

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 186

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Toast 7 does do a lot more but it does lack a great feature found in DVD2OneX:
Combining multiple movies to one dvd (join)....which is great when you want to put a few old comedies on one disk to take with you.
Or digging through the files and combining seperated chapters (I did this recently with my Sealab Season 3 dvd's.....all episodes are now back to back with chapter navigation on one dvd).

If I were you I'd go with Toast 7 first, but when you have the means get DVD2OneX...it's worth it.

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2005
Jovian9 said:
Toast 7 does do a lot more but it does lack a great feature found in DVD2OneX:
Combining multiple movies to one dvd (join)....which is great when you want to put a few old comedies on one disk to take with you.
Or digging through the files and combining seperated chapters (I did this recently with my Sealab Season 3 dvd's.....all episodes are now back to back with chapter navigation on one dvd).

If I were you I'd go with Toast 7 first, but when you have the means get DVD2OneX...it's worth it.

toast 7 is great i've been using it for a week now its doing whats its suppose 2 do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.