differences betweeen G4 imac and G4 powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by faithfulFrank, Aug 5, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Dec 31, 2003
    Central Florida
    Hello all. I have a dumb question....
    I just bought a used but nice 12" G4 powerbook. I am used to my 5 year old G4 lamp style imac, with a regular keyboard and two button mouse with clickwheel.

I know SOME of the shortcut key commands, but not many. I found the helpful shortcut page shown above..THANK YOU!! But with my imac, I can right click on a word that is misspelled and the imac suggests words it thinks I wanted. How do I get my powerbook to do that? Like, how do I "right click" with a powerbook?

I may end up just buying a bluetooth small mouse, but can anyone help me with the keyboard differences with the powerbook? Also, my imac shows misspelled words automatically....how do I get my powerbook to also do that?

Thank you.

Respectfully, Frank D.
  2. macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hold the Ctrl key down when you click to get the right-hand click menu up

Spelling... click on a text box or open a Mail message, go up to Edit and choose Spelling -> Check Spelling as you type
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Dec 31, 2003
    Central Florida
    Thank you.....that worked. It just doesn't seem to work when typing on forums, but it is now working in mail and in Word.

OK, I just did the spelling thing while typing in this reply, and it did work.

Thank you!

Frank D.
  4. macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    If it supports your powerbook model, iScroll2 will enable two finger right click on powerbooks, I use it and haven't had any problems.