differences betweeen G4 imac and G4 powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by faithfulFrank, Aug 5, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Hello all. I have a dumb question....
    I just bought a used but nice 12" G4 powerbook. I am used to my 5 year old G4 lamp style imac, with a regular keyboard and two button mouse with clickwheel.

I know SOME of the shortcut key commands, but not many. I found the helpful shortcut page shown above..THANK YOU!! But with my imac, I can right click on a word that is misspelled and the imac suggests words it thinks I wanted. How do I get my powerbook to do that? Like, how do I "right click" with a powerbook?

I may end up just buying a bluetooth small mouse, but can anyone help me with the keyboard differences with the powerbook? Also, my imac shows misspelled words automatically....how do I get my powerbook to also do that?

Thank you.

Respectfully, Frank D.

2. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hold the Ctrl key down when you click to get the right-hand click menu up

Spelling... click on a text box or open a Mail message, go up to Edit and choose Spelling -> Check Spelling as you type

3. macrumors member

Thank you.....that worked. It just doesn't seem to work when typing on forums, but it is now working in mail and in Word.

OK, I just did the spelling thing while typing in this reply, and it did work.

Thank you!

Frank D.

4. macrumors 601

mrkramer

If it supports your powerbook model, iScroll2 will enable two finger right click on powerbooks, I use it and haven't had any problems.