Differences between 40GB and 60GB 4G models?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by neoelectronaut, Oct 3, 2006.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I'm currently deciding between a 40GB and 60GB Photo/4G iPod, and I'm wondering if there is any technical difference between them (Other than capacity of course), battery life, screen brightness, whatever?

2. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

3. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I'd also be careful which versions you're buying. They had at least two 60GB 4G revisions, one with the accessories listed in the above link, the other without. Since they only ever did one 40GB version, IIRC, you should get all those lovely extras. That's the reason I stumped up the extra cash and bought an outgoing Rev. A 60GB rather than the Rev. B, (I did pay the same in the end though, as our prices came down even further and within 28 days the difference got refunded).

That is unless you're buying second hand off eBay etc, where I would then enquire what comes with it first.

4. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Well I'd actually be buying Refurb, most likely from PowerMax.

And I asked because google was telling me they were the same, I was just wanted to absolutely make sure.

5. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Yes, the 40 and 60GB iPod photos are identical - the 30 and 20 (strangely released in that order) are a bit thinner as they use 1-platter HDs.

David