Different keyboard

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by asqy, Jun 11, 2005.

1. asqy macrumors regular

I just noticed that some ibooks and some poweerbooks have different keyboards. As in different Return/Enter keys and such

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is the last one with the longer return key a later rev?

I also noted that this new dell d610 hs a different keyboard from another d610. The first one with the Fat return key and the 2nd one with the long return key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The second picture in each set is considered to be today's preferred keyboard style. The first picture in each set is of an older standard that has since been replaced by the second one.

3. reh macrumors 6502a

That first iBook looks like the UK version. Apple has different keyboards for different countries/languages.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I bought a keyboard from ebayUK and it had a enter key like that. I think it's kinda cool.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I went to visit my sister in Paris a couple weeks ago and their lay out it different then here in the states. The letters were moved around a bit, for example the "a" button was where the "w" is for me. Lets just say I never could get used to and got very frustrated when I used their computer.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

you can change the keyboard layout through the international settings. I switch from English to Spanish all the time.

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My understanding is that this topic is about the physical layout of the keyboard (which can't be changed without replacing the keyboard) rather than the logical layout (which can be changed by adjusting Mac OS X's International settings, as you said).