Dig This!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Rajj, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Check this out!!:D

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I think the non-ramdom error here is the bigger problem - that you're using windows 95 to begin with. :rolleyes:

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Why are you even on Windoze 95? :rolleyes:

Where did you get that from? That's too ridiculous.

That reminds me of a joke I heard from the Uli's Moose program. I think it went something like this:

"Windows 95: A virus-written operating system with mouse compatibility."

What else is new? :rolleyes:

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm assuming that picture is a joke someone created....

right?

please say yes.

5. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Can't you take a joke? I found this on the internet @ http://www.funnyjunk.com

I am using OS X on my Tibook!!:p

6. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Hell yeah, A joke!!:p

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Imagine if it was real... :p

I figured it was a joke, but I couldn't completely tell, as I haven't found all the errors of windoze yet. :p

8. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I'm afraid these kinds of Windows error messages are quite real. I saw a similar one recently. I use Windows for only two main things now: demonstrating against Microsoft software and Command & Conquer. Everything else is done using Unix or legacy DOS. When I was trying to Shut Down, I got a Blue Screen of Death that said something about a Privileged Operation Error related to EMM386. It gave me two choices: continue or reboot. I chose to continue and was presented with a black screen with white text that claimed: "Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your computer." Should I feel privileged by using Microsoft software? I think not. The solution was to unplug the Windows PC and press the power button on the nearest Macintosh console to hear the comforting startup chime.

9. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

You can also generate your own Windows crashes with the Norton Utilities CrashGuard testing program and with some of the Microsoft training programs. They're only supposed to simulate a crash and not bring down a system, but they do.

10. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

hell yeah, windoze blows

Attached Files:

11. jeffberg macrumors member

anytime anybody walks by or in a book store, look at the magazines. If you see a magazine called Windows 2000 Magazine go to the last page. Every month they have funny error messages.

here are a few:
    "An unnamed file was not found"
    "There was an error executing C3PO command"
    "There was a network error on the virtual circuit to HELL"
    "The maximum number of secrets that this machine can hold has been exceeded"

Happy hunting:
    P.S. they also have funny Dilbert comics at the back.

12. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Has anybody here actually read the offical Microsoft magazine that they produce? We got them at school for a year and I was reading some article in the back of it writtten by a Microsoft empolyee who was questioning the stability of Free BSD. Her argument was (this is not a direct quote as I don't have it in fron tof me) "How can an OS written entirly for fun by a bunch of programmers be more stable than an OS written by the paid engeneers at Microsoft"
    Sigh, It was funny tho. Another funny thing was their "Swith to .NET from UNIX" campagn website was hosted on a Unix server for a long time.

BEN

13. MacMaster macrumors 6502

laf

Ha!:D That's funny! I really like the 2nd, 3rd, and the 4th ones! That's great!:D

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It seems to me that MacFORMAT magazine has similar great messages for the Mac crowd.

15. Here&There macrumors newbie

well, I remember the "unknown aplication quitted because of an unknown reason" (or something in hat line) message from OS8.5.. that was funny..mystery! whats more funny is that, I used to get that message when I tried to quit certain aplications!!

wow just remembered the error#101.. you'd see it like every 2 hours, stupid font conflicts!:p

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

The application "unknown" has unexpectedly quit, because of an error "unknown" has occured...was that it?

The earlier "unknown" error I ever saw was at one of my amiga's houses some 10 years ago. I remember when she was using a peecee (man, I can't imagine how slow that was) for word-typing games and other purposes, and at one point she got an error like: "The application "unknown" could not be found" or some funny **** along the lines. What an error, err, an era, that was. :p

17. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

rofl.. that is pretty funny

have any of you guys heard of windows rg.. (reall good edition.. lol)...

heres da link:http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/meou/Flashes/WINRG/WINRG.html

18. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Wanna have some fun with OSX? close all the windows in Finder, and then click and hold on the finder icon in the dock...