Digg founder Kevin Rose sites Macrumors as inspiration

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Laslo Panaflex, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    Full Article Here

14) How did you come to be involved with the Digg project?

Digg started in September 2004 as a personal project. At that time, I was working at TechTV and I always had interesting side projects that I was running out of the house. I was a big fan of MacRumors.com and how some of their “Page 2” stories that didn't quite make the home page, were still really interesting. That got me thinking about all the great content out there that no one could see. That's really where I started thinking about how it would be cool to give that control back to the community. So, digg really started out as a social experiment in how masses of users could control and promote content without the external editorial control. After a very short time, we realized that we were on to something, as digg was becoming a great resource for breaking news stories, sometimes even before traditional media.
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    (Sigh) the site was sighted and then cited. Now it will be sought, and those seekers will be besotted.
  3. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Thats pretty cool - maybe he was a member :eek:

... and maybe he still is!
  5. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    I actually just read an article in the Digg about a person buying an iBook and how awesome it was. I think it was an article from an editor as it took up an entire page about how great it is.

Diggs a cool, weird paper. I usually try to get one every week.
  6. Project macrumors 68020

Aug 6, 2005
    I love Digg, but have you seen Newsvine? Wow. Its about to simply blow Digg out of the water, and make its creators insanely rich.
  7. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Oh thats pretty cool, I love digg im on it ~5x a day, its nice, and I love the podcast